• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wheels for Traxxas Rustler VXL off-road

ThunderBill

Hi all,

I recently purchased a rustler vxl, which is great fun. However, I am running a lot off road at the moment and don't think the existing tyres and wheels are cutting the mustard. Tbh, it is probably the fronts as they have no grip on grass from what I can see. It is understeering a lot mainly cos the fronts just can't get traction on the wet grass / terrain.

Therefore, I am thinking about getting some 2.8 proline tyre/wheels as an option - possibly the badlands. I also saw something called trenchers. Anyway - please could you assist me - I would like a set of 4 wheels / tyres that I can pop on for this off roading.

Cheers,

Bill

If its anything like me mates nitro rustler which the fr end is either in the air or jus hovering..then I dont think what ever u put on the fr will make much difference thb....as its only 2wd so but I could b wrong.......its sorta like my 26cc fg baja.....takes a football pitch to turn at speed....nail it and turn the steering it jus goes straight on basically. ....oversteer. ..understeer which ever it is. ....

Edited by evssv

I use my VXL off road and replaced the stock tyres with 2.8 Badlands on all 4 stock wheels. I also lowered the suspension a little as it seemed to roll over more often with the Badlands, probably due to the extra grip. The fronts dont do a lot but I think the Badlands should perform better off road than stock. The stock rear tyres seemed to wear quite quickly, whereas the Badlands are lasting.