• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lego fanatics

hebby

Set 8855 the Lego prop plane. I'm missing the two seats and the Lego man but that's ok for a set from my childhood that's spent many, many years lost in the loft at my parents house.

IMG_20200527_225507.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oodboo said:

Set 8855 the Lego prop plane. I'm missing the two seats and the Lego man but that's ok for a set from my childhood that's spent many, many years lost in the loft at my parents house.

IMG_20200527_225507.jpg

always wanted that set as a kid , the control stick moves the flaps doesnt it , seat could get off ebay, the man will be more difficult

Yes, move the stock side to side to control the wing flaps, forward and backwards to control the tail. It was too late to start looking for the missing pieces last night but I'm going to have a look today. 

8 hours ago, oodboo said:

IMG_20200527_225507.jpg

Excellent. 

Are the seats built out of parts? 

You can get the man off Bricklink - I've just checked. 

8 minutes ago, oodboo said:

That looks mint, is that built form a kit or parts?

Built from parts.  218 to be precise!

I had some already and ordered the balance from Bricklink. Cost about £15 in total.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coops said:

Built another car to go alongside my Speed Champions:

20200529_120124.thumb.jpg.f34e471967205c8e949b566fcae13063.jpg

20200529_120131.thumb.jpg.2390f8ff0725ac9f9c4313732256a12a.jpg

Here it is in comparison to it's old stable mate and partner:

20200529_121958.thumb.jpg.ad69875eaf88e53a8267b37a3a47e9d7.jpg

Real nice. I'm guessing it's a Lancia Delta? If you really wanted some livery for it, have a look at MCI Racing. They can scale down to 1/32, I've used them quite a bit for my Mini 4WD to try and replicate the 1/10 version.

And just to add, I've ordered a couple of speed champion kits :D  my first lego kit in 33 years.  I love this thread :lol: :doh:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

Real nice. I'm guessing it's a Lancia Delta? If you really wanted some livery for it, have a look at MCI Racing. They can scale down to 1/32, I've used them quite a bit for my Mini 4WD to try and replicate the 1/10 version.

And just to add, I've ordered a couple of speed champion kits :D  my first lego kit in 33 years.  I love this thread :lol: :doh:

Thanks Chris, yes it's a Delta. My fav rally car 👍🏼

I'll take a look at MCI. 

I'm a bit of a Lego nut 🤪 and the collection across the house is fairly substantial. You'll love the Speed Champions ones. Which have you gone for? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coops said:

Thanks Chris, yes it's a Delta. My fav rally car 👍🏼

I'll take a look at MCI. 

I'm a bit of a Lego nut 🤪 and the collection across the house is fairly substantial. You'll love the Speed Champions ones. Which have you gone for? 

The Delta is a nice car, I bought the 1/10 Tamiya years ago and failed on the stickering of the Martini stripes around the wings and arches. 2 years on and I peeled them off and had another go and failed again, very tricky car to sticker up but it looks OK iff you don't look closely.

The two I've ordered are the 76895 Ferrari F8 & 75890 Ferrari F40. Been looking at Lego Technic a lot lately, but mostly the cars.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

The Delta is a nice car, I bought the 1/10 Tamiya years ago and failed on the stickering of the Martini stripes around the wings and arches. 2 years on and I peeled them off and had another go and failed again, very tricky car to sticker up but it looks OK iff you don't look closely.

The two I've ordered are the 76895 Ferrari F8 & 75890 Ferrari F40. Been looking at Lego Technic a lot lately, but mostly the cars.

You'll be having the new Lamborghini Sian then 😂

I've got the 911 GT3 and LR Defender in Technic. The Sian is no different to Chiron ,just different body,there's nothing new on it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Coops said:

You'll be having the new Lamborghini Sian then 😂

I've got the 911 GT3 and LR Defender in Technic. The Sian is no different to Chiron ,just different body,there's nothing new on it.

ah the Sian. I stumbled across some so called leaked pics the other day before it was officially released. You have now validated it's truth :D  I'm starting off small just to get a taste, but you maybe right. There could be something bigger on the horizon :lol:

The 911 GT3 is a more  likely candidate to start with as it's less than half the price of a Chiron.

• Like 1

OK, so I'm sat here with my Lego boxes and they look real nice. The boxart is on par with a Tamiya kit box, it jumps out and draws you in.  Now, with a Tamiya kit box you slide the lid off or open it like a suit case but it seems that Lego boxes (at least the one's I have) are designed  so that you have to pull on the back face and possibly end up ripping the box.

I was thinking maybe I could extract the contents by carefully cutting one on the box ends with an craft knife just to keep things tidy.

What's the general consensus on how to open your Lego box? or have I gone mad? :lol:

You've gone mad 😂😂

I was thinking of carefully cutting the front off to frame and display next to the model. Mainly just for the bigger models though, the mustang, bond car and when I finish it, the Batmobile. The wife didn't like the idea though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1