• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash 4x4 - essential mods and setup ?

Definitely better than stock, the stockers are useless off road but actually not too bad on Tarmac. I've got the Badlands SC on mine which totally transform the truck. I assume the Nanda blocks are just as effective.

Nanda blocks work as well as badlands, once the 17mm adapters are fitted. One caveat, they are slightly larger than stock sc rims, so check temps when you fit them, a one tooth drop on the pinny MAY be required.... :)

The lcg, for me, was a much preferred chassis...losing some ride height for better handling worked well... ;)

I'll have to keep up with this thread. I'm wanting to upgrade my slash 4x4 to run 3s. Not fully clued up on the best combos out there though.

read the first page, pretty much every one agrees on the hobbywing sc8 wp, as for motor, the choice seems to be 2650 kv for 3s/4s & 3500kv for 2/3s.

how many stock slashes do you see? When ever people say they just bought one the first thing people say is upgrade.

You don't see any stock models nowadays, the first thing everybody does is upgrade parts even if its just to personalise it and make it their own.

With the Slash, it'll keep on running without upgrades as long as you're happy with running the stock Nimh or going 2s max. Granted, if you want to run 3s plus you'll have to swap out the Velineon system for longevity but that's true for any Traxxas model that runs that system.