• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is there any rovan supplier in uk?

vortex666

oh look heres comes the man who know`s everything about everything why dont you just shut the feu.ck and stop annoying people with all the bu.llshi.t thats comes out of your mouth and then you can build that baja 5b for your father or are you going to screw people out of money by asking stupid money for something aint worth it and it if does`nt sell you`ll just turn around and say aoh i think all build it up again then a few day`s later its back up for sale again

I think you have said what plenty of people around here are thinking.

Every Rovan part I've had has been absolute junk, everyone I've known so far to have them hasn't liked them and has either sold it or upgraded it to the point it's no longer a Rovan, simple as that really, I'd never waste my money on Rovan, whether it be parts or a whole Baja having owned both, but to each his own, if someones having joy with one, then more power to him! He got a good deal, I've just personally had nothing but bad experience with Rovan, and won't be using them again.

I didn't say I'D given KM a bad rap, but they DO have a bad rap, that isn't wrong, it's simple fact.

I personally like KMs, so it's not me personally, but the fact is people judge them by their old stuff, which apparently was crap, I never actually owned one back then, so I can't comment, I'm going by friends who owned them years ago.

Again, it isn't me personally saying they have a bad rap from back then, but they simply do... Fact, no two ways about it

Again, their old engines didn't have the best of reputation, .

You haven't answered my queries - you just say that every rovan part you have owned is crap. What parts exactly did you have and how & why did the part break. And what makes you think that the same part from KM or HPI wouldn't have broken either. You haven't given any worthwhile info apart from saying to avoid Rovan. Is the plastic more brittle, is the alloy less strong etc etc. what exactly instead of skirting the question. And how much action did the Rovan items receive? Did you break them in the workshop or was it a 60mtr jump off a sand dune? How long have you owned a Rovan item.

I didn't say that you personally have given KM the bad rap/rep but you seem to think that the early KMs weren't very good. I disagree & dispute your 'fact no two ways about it'. There is two ways about it (or maybe three or four).

And also 'their old engines didn't have the best of reputation'. Did you not read my post about my KM engine that's very old still running fine? Yes some people had issues, but then some people had various issues with the genuine HPI 5b rtr v1 breaking too. So saying things like 'fact' needs to be used carefully unless backed up by solid info & experience rather than hearsay.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but it appears that some others are somewhat disgruntled with your facts as well :D

Anyway before it completely wanders into locked thread territory.......I'm considering buying a plastic Rovan item. Apart from Rovan being crap......can someone with good first hand experience share any facts about the manufacturers plastic parts?

oh look heres comes the man who know`s everything about everything why dont you just shut the feu.ck and stop annoying people with all the bu.llshi.t thats comes out of your mouth and then you can build that baja 5b for your father or are you going to screw people out of money by asking stupid money for something aint worth it and it if does`nt sell you`ll just turn around and say aoh i think all build it up again then a few day`s later its back up for sale again 

What a random post.

Someone asks ME a question, and I respond.

I don't see how that's ANY of your business whatsoever, if you don't like my posts, stop reading them and replying to them.

I post OPINIONS of products I've actually used (unless stated otherwise)

I really couldn't care less what you think of me.

I also don't see what any of my builds or sales topics have got to do with you either.

It's funny, people seem to spend a lot of time worrying themselves with what I'm doing, what I'm buying and what I'm selling... Yet all my stuff recently has sold within one day of it being posted? Not that it's anyones business what I do, if I ask someone a price for something and they sell it to me cheaply, that's up to them, I'm not going to turn around and say "no, I'll pay more, that way in future if I change my mind and end up selling said part(s) I'll purposely take a loss to please some select idiots on a toy car Forum who've got nothing better to do than watch every post I make"

Perhaps if you'd paid as much attention in school as you are to all my posts and my life history, maybe you'd be able to string a proper and correctly spelled sentence together.

Don't want the thread ending up locked and not going to sit here arguing with you all day, I've said my bit and got much better things to do with my time, so I simply won't reply again to this topic.

Edited by Oh How Original

In regards to Rovan being worse I disagree with you OHO.

Rovans were worse originally but that yank that came on here a few months ago having just got himself a Rovan as they are easier to come by in the states apparently said he had owned old Rovans and that this new one was greatly improved in build quality and he had no issues with any of it what so ever.

Frankly I believe KM and Rovan are same factory built and Rovan started off cheaping out on the parts but it looks like they are about the same now and all this stigmatism around them is frankly silly. At the end of the day they are both cheap knockoffs and arguing about which cheap knockoff is best when reviews put them neck and neck is silly.

In regards to the OP

There isn't really a Rovan dealer in the UK but for the price of them KM's are brilliant and from what reviewers have said of both are exactly the same, so getting one from RCmodelz should serve you well.

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

atleast iam not a cheap skate by asking people for free stuff when i have enough money to buy a carbon chassis and a new engine for a baja that will probably end up on ebay or the like oh and how about buying a carb cheap from some guy which you said you really needed then less a week alter you have it up for sale at nearly double the price. your just a dumbass who doesnt have a clue about anything and most of the time no one is asking for your info but you just have to barge in and say all sorts of rubbish about things you don`t know about and like perruzo has asked what rovan parts have you had and how long and were did you test said parts and do you have any pics of said parts before and after you tested them come on we want to see how bad rovan parts really are 

I wasn't going to reply to this again but want to clear one thing up, then I'll go (simply because I don't have to justify ANYTHING to you.)

Anything I've ever had for free was offered back to the person who gave me it, they either said bin it or sell it with your other parts!

Anything I've had for free hasn't had a price tag on it, it's been included in a bigger selection of parts for free.

Again, I don't have to justify anything I do, but I wanted to make that clear, making out like I'm so kind of conman or thief or something, which I'm simply not and if you check, I have nothing but 100% positive feedback on EVERY Forum I'm on, eBay etc... Now I don't have pictures anymore of the parts I tested because it was a while ago, but people will remember a thread from a while ago which had a Rovan Baja arrive with a very bent front chassis, theirs no way a chassis should bend that easy unless it's complete junk.

I witnessed (not my own Baja fair enough, but it was in front of my eyes) a pair of Rovan shocks simply give out (both at the same time) if it was one, you could maybe put it down to a bad seal, but both at the same time... BAD product.

Not to mention the amount of Rovan engines people have had that have simply let go after 2/3 tanks of fuel.

I personally don't think the plastic quality is on the same level, if people with to agree/disagree, that's fine, it's called an opinion on a product you've actually USED.

My favourite hobby isn't going around taking pictures of failing parts, especially on other peoples Bajas, I'm also not a public tester for you, so no I don't have pictures of before and after parts, because they weren't bought simply to test.

If you have a low opinion of me, I couldn't give a rats!

If you want to talk crap about me, I still don't give a rats!

But if you're going to attempt to insult me, slag me, or whatever, please at least try and make sure it makes some kind of sense, it'd be most appreciated :thumbsup:

if your so worried about what i say then why reply ? but i guess it just go`s to show you do care what i say so all leave it there and goodbye 

I wasn't going to allow someone who doesn't know me claim I simply get free parts to sell them on.

That's not the kind of person I am and although a small select group will no doubt believe you, I know it not to be true, as to people who actually know me.

Not to mentionn the amount of stuff I've actually given away to people, I just don't make a song and dance about it, again though, not that it's actually any of your business whatsoever.

I don't care what you say or think, but I won't have my trader name dragged through the mud, you're clearly not the brightest spark so please don't assume you actually know me from a few posts you've read :)

So in essence, you have seen other peoples rovan parts that weren't good. A bent chassis on delivery could have been dropped by the courier. Two shocks, what do you actually mean by 'give out'? Did the seals go or the shafts or what? Give out covers a lot. Did the owner of the shocks do any jumping etc or did the shocks give out when he opened the box? Your vagueness about rovan is as I thought based on others experience not your own.

So keeping on topic, is there any experienced actual owners of rovan items who would like to give an honest opinion of the quality of rovan plastic items? Actual owners only need to apply :D

No bum gravy about I saw/heard/read/made up. Just a proper opinion if possible :)

• Like 2

I have owned and I think still do somewhere Rovan tyres and I can say from experience that they ware much faster on all surfaces (it was the hostile MX clones I had) than even their KM counterparts.

They are the only Rovan bits I have had and may be down to the fact they were old Rovan rather than new higher quality parts.

• Like 1

Hmmm hoisted by own petard...

The problem is, someone will have one arrive with something wrong (which can happen) but because it's a clone, they automatically insist that "clones are crap" "don't buy a clone" yet they forget how many other RCs turn up with things missing, for example dry diffs, missing tyres, a lad on B.F.U.K had a load of parts missing from his kit etc...

People who don't own them are far too quick to judge!

• Like 2

Rovan is not as bad as you think, it's just their past issues haunting you now.

They have improved like KM, all their parts now are the same quality as KM or HPI. It all comes from the same place not like KM or HPI make their goods in area-51

I got a couple rovan parts from china that have not gone on the baja yet but the quality of it ,the make & feel are just as sturdy as any other KM or branded part I have.

It's just that when oho writes a review or para about a product makes it seem like it's a order from the Supreme Court & that's the end of the world don't buy it it's crap. He entitled to his opinions but they are very harsh & normally go against what other people may think, which will P some people off.

Lul

When I looked into getting a baja, about 2 mounts of research. 

I was looking at hpi baja's but there where none that where a reasonable price or they where abused, I looked into km/rovan and they where on par with each other.

I would have got a km because you can get them from rcmodelz in the UK with good C/S.

A Great condition pretty much bone stock baja ss came up fairly local so I went for that.

Edited by (-:AD:-)

Wow what a read! haha.. Blimey folks, calm down!  :tease:

I think it may be a case of the Skoda old vs new kind of thing.. They still hold that tiny bit of stigma for some, for me they don't - Just like KM.. I know nothing on Rovan.

I recently bought some KM 'Dirtbusters' front and back, even thought I read that they 'balloon and blow up' 'shred and pop' yiddy yadda.

Got to say they are fantastic! - So, maybe I don't know, Rovan like KM, the quality has come on a bit.

Naughty people!  :sweatdrop:

Wow what a read! haha.. Blimey folks, calm down!  :tease:

I think it may be a case of the Skoda old vs new kind of thing.. They still hold that tiny bit of stigma for some, for me they don't - Just like KM.. I know nothing on Rovan.

I recently bought some KM 'Dirtbusters' front and back, even thought I read that they 'balloon and blow up' 'shred and pop' yiddy yadda.

Got to say they are fantastic! - So, maybe I don't know, Rovan like KM, the quality has come on a bit.

Naughty people!  :sweatdrop:

Some people enjoy poking bears with sticks lol.

Only had one KM tyre blow myself actually, the power of the duct tape! :P