• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is there any rovan supplier in uk?

vortex666

Hi guys,still looking for my first 1/5 petrol scale,and when i almost had made my decision (KM baja truck T1000a) from rcmodelz,i found the rovan short course (5ive t clone)..so wanted to have a look at prices and compare whats better to me..but,seems that there are nobody selling them in uk.....does anybody own any of these??btw,i plan to run it mostly on a quarry,general bashing,and a visit to the track once a month just to meet up with the other lads..any advice will be very helpfull guys

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone ? using Tapatalk

KMs are a good way into large scale RCs definitely :)

Avoid Rovan and Integy.

Also avoid buying things listed on eBay such as "machined CNC alloy"... Basically it's just the cheapest crappest alloy going, they try making it sound good by calling it CNC machined rather than cast, but it's still junk!

Out of interest oh how original.....why would you avoid Rovan but recommend KM, they are both about the same IMO. Do you know something particular to Rovan?

They simply aren't the same at all.

KM of old yes, they where about equal and that's where KM get a bad rap from.

But the newer version Bajas way surpass any Baja that Rovan make.

Having owned both, that's my honest opinion and my current one was originally a KM, I can say without question it's better than the Rovan was.

They simply aren't the same at all.

KM of old yes, they where about equal and that's where KM get a bad rap from.

But the newer version Bajas way surpass any Baja that Rovan make.

Having owned both, that's my honest opinion and my current one was originally a KM, I can say without question it's better than the Rovan was.

I have owned a KM, and still own what's left of it after around about 7 years of bashing. I haven't had a Rovan but a guy who comes to the NEB bashes has a Rovan and it's been spot on so far.

What exactly is the difference in quality? Is it better alloys or plastics, or did the Rovan fall to bits etc, what exactly makes you say to avoid them? I was considering buying a Rovan item, not a full car though so I'm interested in what specifically puts you off.

And my KM (of old) was one of the first very early models and it has parts that have outlasted genuine hpi items so saying that KM got a bad rap from these early models is slightly wrong, as I recall the early models had decent engines, then KM changed the crankcase to a new design and the engines overnight became garbage fillers, So if they have improved again somewhat since then it has me curious as to what they have changed to set themselves apart from Rovan.

For the record, my km 23 engine is still working fine after all these years, only prob I ever had was a split in the fuel line. And that's some going for an engine IMO.

I have owned a KM, and still own what's left of it after around about 7 years of bashing. I haven't had a Rovan but a guy who comes to the NEB bashes has a Rovan and it's been spot on so far.

What exactly is the difference in quality? Is it better alloys or plastics, or did the Rovan fall to bits etc, what exactly makes you say to avoid them? I was considering buying a Rovan item, not a full car though so I'm interested in what specifically puts you off.

And my KM (of old) was one of the first very early models and it has parts that have outlasted genuine hpi items so saying that KM got a bad rap from these early models is slightly wrong, as I recall the early models had decent engines, then KM changed the crankcase to a new design and the engines overnight became garbage fillers, So if they have improved again somewhat since then it has me curious as to what they have changed to set themselves apart from Rovan.

For the record, my km 23 engine is still working fine after all these years, only prob I ever had was a split in the fuel line. And that's some going for an engine IMO.

Every Rovan part I've had has been absolute junk, everyone I've known so far to have them hasn't liked them and has either sold it or upgraded it to the point it's no longer a Rovan, simple as that really, I'd never waste my money on Rovan, whether it be parts or a whole Baja having owned both, but to each his own, if someones having joy with one, then more power to him! He got a good deal, I've just personally had nothing but bad experience with Rovan, and won't be using them again.

I didn't say I'D given KM a bad rap, but they DO have a bad rap, that isn't wrong, it's simple fact.

I personally like KMs, so it's not me personally, but the fact is people judge them by their old stuff, which apparently was crap, I never actually owned one back then, so I can't comment, I'm going by friends who owned them years ago.

Again, it isn't me personally saying they have a bad rap from back then, but they simply do... Fact, no two ways about that.

Engine wise, mine has been spot on, it's hard 9 hard tanks of mostly flat out running and just over a tank of bashing, it's performed flawlessly to be completely honest and it's currently acting as my back up long block.

Again, their old engines didn't have the best of reputation, mainly the terrible plating on the bore, but they now seem to have improved because my bore, piston and ring all look fine, original bearings and after 9 tanks theirs no play whatsoever.

I'd gladly spend another

Edited by Oh How Original

If it was me I'd root around for second hand hpi baja. I've bought a few decent ones in the past for little more than the price of a km here's an example of one plenty of upgrades and pretty much unused

7ef95d85a4e083253c11fc2e52e5b374_zps630c

If it was me I'd root around for second hand hpi baja. I've bought a few decent ones in the past for little more than the price of a km here's an example of one plenty of upgrades and pretty much unused

7ef95d85a4e083253c11fc2e52e5b374_zps630c

The ones that are for sale on here at the moment are stupid money.

Ones that go on eBay generally tend to go for stupid money as well.

Prices seem to have shot up, or rather peoples imaginations have.

6 months ago their was 10x more choice for less money than what it seems their is right now.

oh look heres comes the man who know`s everything about everything why dont you just shut the feu.ck and stop annoying people with all the bu.llshi.t thats comes out of your mouth and then you can build that baja 5b for your father or are you going to screw people out of money by asking stupid money for something aint worth it and it if does`nt sell you`ll just turn around and say aoh i think all build it up again then a few day`s later its back up for sale again

Pmsl :thumbsup:

We must be so careful of setting ourselves up as people who set others straight. There is a fine line of encouraging & being a know it all.

• Like 1

Pmsl :thumbsup:

We must be so careful of setting ourselves up as people who set others straight. There is a fine line of encouraging & being a know it all.

iam a don`t know it all like most people on here as were still all learning arent we but he thinks he know everything about baja`s and it just gets on my nerves 

iam a don`t know it all like most people on here as were still all learning arent we but he thinks he know everything about baja`s and it just gets on my nerves

Edit.lol

True mate :thumbsup: haha

Edited by bill79