• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

your bike pics :)

jordan_bench10

Just got myself a new road bike won't let me upload the pic for some reason?

It's a Scott speedster it's not top of the range it's all that funds would allow at moment but it's brand new and it's got me back on the road after a year as my giant road bike got stolen last summer, which leads me into my next question can anyone recommend me a decent bike insurer they know of or had a claim with without the usual hassle of arguing the value and trying to worm out of a claim?

I've got a decent insurance approved lock and most of the time it will be in a locked shed but not taking any chances this time as I was totally gutted last time.

Right then guys, I need help choosing a new bike. It'll be for commuting 20-30 miles per day with some long hills (I live at the top off the longest hill so can't avoid it). Narrowed it down to three options plus one that would require a sale or some haggling. We'll be from Edinburgh cycles through the bike to work scheme so limited to that shop and 1k budget (so no point suggestion planet x or something).

Option 1: genesis Croix de fer 10

genesis-croix-de-fer-10-15.jpg

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/genesis-croix-de-fer-10-15

Had a 2010 Croix de fer and loved it. Hesitations with this bike I'd just the lower spec and 9 speed cassette. And the red, never liked red bikes but it's growing on me.

Option 2: genesis day one alfine di2

genesis-day-one-di2-15.jpg

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/genesis-day-one-di2-15

On sale down from

Edited by oodboo

• 3 months later...

And the reason I had to give it up (look away if you're squeamish)

Broken scaphoid and a badly dislocated wrist resulting in torn tendons which has left me with severely restricted movement. This was around 9 months ago and the reason I got into rc.

FB_IMG_1424271040220_zpsqp4wjpi5.jpg

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've decided it's time to get back on a bike :) I'll be picking up parts as money allows so I'll be a fairly long build but I'm just happy to be making a start.

My frame arrived today, a DMR Trailstar LT along with some Saint cranks. I've ordered a set of Fox 32's which are in need of a little tlc, they should arrive early next week. Can't wait to hit the trails again!!

20160331_121255-1-1_zpswiueu4sn.jpg

• Like 2

I finally got out and done a bit of mountain biking recently, well a blast round the local woods anyway. Felt great to be back on an mtb after so much commuting on my cx bike. Problem was I'd lost all confidence on the rough stuff so spent most of my time sessioning the powerline trail to get some confidence back. Here's my last run of the day: 

Nothing mental but a lot better than my first run down there. Can't wait to get back out and do a few more runs and hit some other trails.

My forks turned up today, a set of Fox 32's. They need some attention, the seals are weeping and there is a nasty gouge in one of the stanchions but for £25 they should still come in cheaper than a fully working set :)

20160404_094148_zpszlzcw5dp.jpg

Edited by everclear1984

This is Christine, we not together now as she wasn't good for me. Made me do lots of naughty things and hurt me very badly several times. God I loved her and still miss her even after all these years!f041ef829661432a04d3a527df7267d6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good mate, hope you heal up fast!

I've got all the parts ready to start building mine now, just trying to find time to do it. Here's how she stands at the moment -

IMG_20160423_121020_zpsmedsjewz.jpg

I got a great deal on the Halo SAS rims

20160420_131629_zpswohqo6ez.jpg