• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hello from Dartford, Kent, UK

Hello to you all from sunny Dartford!

I'd like to offer a very quick intro for my Savage X and I...

I have owned a Savage X since 2006, starting with a 4.1, although I never had the skill or commitment to understand the thing properly, if it ran at all I felt I'd had a good day !

About two years ago I found out that my next door neighbour is well into R/C but in electric form.

I demo'd the Savage X for him and he was hooked.

I subsequently sold him my 4.1 and he got it going phenomenally well, which led me to buy a Savage XL.

This didnt work out for me as we both just couldn't get this thing running at all well and so I ditched this and bought a 2012 Savage X 4.6 Special Edition.

We have had much better running from the Savage X platform and it has taken us a lot of time and a steep learning curve to understand the car's, we have also gone through plenty of one way bearings, engine's etc between us ! 

So, I'm currently at the stage where the car now has a dedicated workshop and frankly, a silly spares pool. The workshop bench is from Argos.......but does the job.

It's probably cleaner here than our local hospital ward and this is all because I've tried to focus on having a proper place to work that is clean, dust free and well lit. The car runs well nowaday's but I still have a lot to learn about tuning and performance. I'm currently running a Hong Nor 5.9 but feel that the 4.6 may very well be better.

These are some pics from my gallery :

Finally, my preference is to run my car in the filthiest conditions I can get away with and then thoroughly enjoy cleaning it back up. I'm happy to strip the thing down and am confident in rebuilding too.

I generally take my car out to Dartford Heath/Glory Bumps and would always be interested in meetups if possible to share know how....and if I'm honest, compete a bit too.

Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Dave

Hi there,

Many Thanks for the welcomes and replies...

Talking of my 4.1, here are two pics from some years ago when I had it running for a whole ten minutes !

I'm more confident in my abilities nowaday's in getting the car to run and stay running, but it's taken plenty of effort to get this far.

I have to add that browsing various online forums in relation to another hobby of mine has been really, really helpful and this is also the case with R/C stuff. If it wasn't for access to other people experiences, I wouldn't have picked up anything at all and would still be relying on the badly translated instruction manual !

Anyways, I too was thinking that there aren't many people from my local area with Savages, but maybe we'll see more activity out there now the weather is drying out a bit ?

All the best,

Dave
Edited by Shedmaster

• 3 months later...

Welcome, I live next to dartford heath and would want more people to bash with. I'm about to set up a group on Facebook especially for rc bashing over the heath. I may be going there this Sunday if ur about. I'll let u know when I have the group set up. Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Welcome to the forums dude, I live in Welling, so not very far from Dartford and whilst I don't own a Savage, I do own a Revo and a Hyper 7. So meets in the future could well be in the cards :)