• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Guess what happen to this Savage?

rushboy2004

Got to admit that is quite the rescue operation! I was half tempted myself when I saw it on the bay, both to keep me busy and quench my thirst for another nitro :lol:

Looking forward to the finished product, you should definitely send the dude you bought it off a picture and/or video of it once it's finished :)

Got to admit that is quite the rescue operation! I was half tempted myself when I saw it on the bay, both to keep me busy and quench my thirst for another nitro :lol:

Looking forward to the finished product, you should definitely send the dude you bought it off a picture and/or video of it once it's finished :)

Thanks for comments the guy I bought it of would not be interested he is a dealer and got in a house clearance

I have had to buy some new bits like:

2 new servos the old ones are old Sanwa and there plugs would not fit the 2.4Ghz receiver

4 New dog bones the old ones were either bent or snapped

Clutch bell, steering and wheel bearings

Turnbuckle balls old ones rusty

Spur gear old one buckled by pressure from engine

Nuts bolts and screws most of the old ones replaced

The rest of it is repaired. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ian w
  • Like 3

THE FINAL CHAPTER

DSC00200_zps8c148cb4.jpg

DSC00201_zps8ddac747.jpg

DSC00202_zps0156c194.jpg

DSC00203_zpsd9e1ba37.jpg

DSC00204_zpsf57eaeca.jpg

DSC00205_zps5f955045.jpg

DSC00206_zpsc16c4b73.jpg

DSC00207_zpsc1ef8551.jpg

DSC00208_zpsf0445e53.jpg

DSC00210_zpsc26248e5.jpg

• Like 1

Why do you hate savages.. Just out of interest

when i was working saturdays in my local hobby shop, doing repairs etc i absolutely hated working on em, hated sorting out the 2nd gear timing, everything was just difficult to get to and overall a pain in the rear for me

..this is just me though because i do have awful tremors etc which makes everything a lot more difficult. 

Yeah i can imagine 

a whole day working on several of em trying to get em out the door ..i wanted to cry :(

Yeah that happened to me with this one I am of work with depression and this has helped me though

Yeah that happened to me with this one I am of work with depression and this has helped me though

It's inspirational dude. I'm not a nitro fan but I love seeing a good resto job. You have my respect, not only for the build but for being open about your depression. It's not a subject that gets much of an airing on here but I know you and I are not alone (I've been fighting it for over 20 years).

It's inspirational dude. I'm not a nitro fan but I love seeing a good resto job. You have my respect, not only for the build but for being open about your depression. It's not a subject that gets much of an airing on here but I know you and I are not alone (I've been fighting it for over 20 years).

Thanks for your kind words this is the third lot of depression I have had, I am 64 now I don`t see myself going back to work now. Having my cars and this forum certainly helps. :thumbsup: