• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho sandmaster.Any good?

NOFX

Hi,I'm lookin for a scale'ish buggy.I spotted the sandmaster & sm wondering if it's any good? I remember kyosho from the early eighties ,them & tamiya were the only available hobby rc:s available.anyone on here got a recent kyosho? Are they bashable? Thanks in advance : )

i love my little sand master, its not the best by far but with a 9t brushless in it its a hoot to drive!

change the wheels and tyres to some wider buggy ones. FTX vantage ones are a great budget tyre for them.

only thing that will drive you mad is the poxy clip on body panels!

i run a 2s and 3s lipo in it, both from hobbyking i will get you links to them if you get one as the battery is loaded from below so space is tight. i went and searched for the biggest mah of each i could find that fitted lol

all in all tho its a great little buggy for the price! i would go for the kit version, cheaper and you can spec your own radio and running gear.

oh and get a RW pinion, stock is plastic and wont last long.

These would be a good look on the SM:

20140304_105736-1.jpg

20140304_105930-1.jpg

I've fitted these to my Baby Badger to replace the standard wheels/tyres which are virtually identical to the SM items.

10 quid a pair from: http://www.centuryuk.com/Spares/Car-Spares/Prime-Baja

+1 on the RW Pinion.

Edited by chewbacca

The sand master gets a lot of flack from people who equate the name Kyosho with serious racing cars. A serious racing car is not, however it does make a fun basher for people who are willing accept its limitations and work within them. By all means give it a punt!