• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it's been over a year since I touched my s50...

so so now I'm looking at some upgrades and shiny bits haha.

so fair have,

1. Tuned pipe
  2. 17tooth clutch bell
  3. stiff springs
  4. its an SE so has aluminium shock caps

any suggestions? Preferably for performance 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I've been trading RC for years, and never had the time to post in forums such as these.

I'm winding down the trade side of things due to work/time restraints, and I'm now concentrating on my own builds for enjoyment!

Anyways, thought I'd share my latest build/mods with you, so e work already done, as you can see!

Lots of work left to be done though!

My latest work in progress, building up some ' bushed' suspension mounting bolts for the front shocks, using bits and spares to hand.

IMG_20161006_201733.jpg

• 1 month later...

Right there must be loads of these around considering the amount sold on here.

So has anyone a good condition engine for sale or has anyone fitted a replacement engine that they would recommend.

Cheers

Dave

Funny you should ask I was just debating breaking my last new s50. So in answer to your question I do have a brand new s50 engine and every part up for sale again. I only have one of everything guys so if you need anything let me know as it will all be going on eBay in the next few days. 

Orange shell in case anyone asks 

• Like 1

Hi All,

I am new to this forum so bear with me please?  I have an original MGT still with the box,  hardly used that I want to do something with as I bought my son a car for his xmas.  I am not sure whether I want to sell it and buy an electric car or the idea of brushless conversion sounds good but looks like a lot of work.  Does anyone know what a hardly used MGT is worth?  Is there anyone reliable who will upgrade it for me?

Thanks in advance

I thk...most go with the centre motor mount and a diff.....:yes:....I did thk of doing my s50...but swapped it in the end....as I already had planty of brushless 1/8th`s.....I found a mount on e bay....I see if I can track it down again......whats ur budget for this???

For the price you'll pay for a decent brushless setup to lug those heavy things round, you may aswell go sell the mgt and put all your money into something purpose built, unless you like building rc ????

Just my 2c

FYI - I sold four mgt/mta4's a month or so back, two where full alloy builds, and reached over £200, MTA s50 reached £230, and an original mgt reached £140

Info may be of use to you

• Like 1