• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

i was thinking of trying to make one myself also. Jordan ill buy one from you if you manage to make one that will let the truck hit 50. Looking for new glow plugs for this also. What glow plugs should I get, don't want her running to hot but will be using it out in the snow this weekend. 

i was thinking of trying to make one myself also. Jordan ill buy one from you if you manage to make one that will let the truck hit 50. Looking for new glow plugs for this also. What glow plugs should I get, don't want her running to hot but will be using it out in the snow this weekend.

i use os8 plugs all year round,

pm morpet and see if he has any left he had quite a lot a few weeks back

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys little problem with my S28 truck,

Tried to start it up today but could not get it started for over an hour, 

Last time I used it was about 5 weeks ago when I split my fuel tank so had to replace it which arrived the other day,

After replacing the tank, I attempted to start it up but failed, Glow plug is fine, No screws have been adjusted as in HSN, Ect 

I was having so much trouble with it, In the end I removed the glow plug, put a small drop of fuel in and tried to start it, which then It started so I gave it a little throttle but after a few seconds it died, 

I tried it again while holding full throttle which it started again drove for literally 3 seconds then died, 

What could the problem be?

It seemed to be the fuel was not getting pushed through but im not an expert so not sure on exactly what was happening,

Last time I used it it was fine and had no problems.

Unless it was just to cold for it but would that cause it not to start for that length of time?

Any suggestions for me to try tomorrow? Thanks.

Edited by tolska

Did you reconnect the exhaust pressure pipe onto the fuel tank after replacing it?

Mmm I put the two fuel lines back on to the tank, One of the top and one on the side I think it is, 

One attaches to from the tank to the carb and the other goes from the fuel tank to the exhaust?

yeah did you prime ?

Yes, I primed using the blue bubble thing, Pushed it until the fuel went to the carb, then a 1/4 push after to get it a little into the carb bit.

Just to double check, The bubble pipe with the blue bubble thing goes to the carb right?

Mmm I put the two fuel lines back on to the tank, One of the top and one on the side I think it is, 

One attaches to from the tank to the carb and the other goes from the fuel tank to the exhaust?

Yes, I primed using the blue bubble thing, Pushed it until the fuel went to the carb, then a 1/4 push after to get it a little into the carb bit.

Just to double check, The bubble pipe with the blue bubble thing goes to the carb right?

yeah it does i normally push it a couple more times after fuel has reached the carb

i usually heat engine-prime-start

check glow plug aswell if thats ok check for carb blockage

yeah it does i normally push it a couple more times after fuel has reached the carb

i usually heat engine-prime-start

What do you heat your engine with when your out?

I'll look be out tomorrow so will give it a shot then