• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

can someone price me up lipo?

vibrating_cake

I've been umming and aaring about lipo for a while I just cant seem to identify what is good and what is tosh!

I need a charger

I need a battery (approx 5000mah for a nice long run time)

I don't care about charging times

I also need to convert to tamiya connectors, or from tamiya connectors with 3 nimh/nicd batteries I may still use to something suitable.

I need a lipo alarm, either the loud noise screamy type or the cutout type (waterproof or waterproofable if possible)

Ill be running on the 15T brushed motor+14t brushed esc for now, but in a few month I'd like to upgrade to brushless (probably by the end of the year due to the cost of everything)

So what can you reccomend? My budget is "small" so the cheaper the better :)

Turnigy nano tech lipos seem pretty solid and a nice price from hobbyking ( uk warehouse) . I only use these now a days , and do perform well. I have a 5800 mah

Or just keep an eye on the for sale section on here like I did for all my lipos I've now got 4 sets of saddle packs and 4x 2s (new) for the truggy all from here. I have the touch screen overlander and is very good but you cold try this for the price seems very good

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/190300-passport-ultra-lite-50w-acdc-charger/

what about this?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-cb-1s-charger/rc-car-products/380497

It seems to come with everything, it charges form the balance port on lipo and normal place on NIMH, i'm guessing that means it charges pretty slowly on lipo?
Is that any good, the price seems appealing

Looks ok it's not going to be the best cus it's 50w. What s lipos will you be using cus it will only charge up to 3s. Se if. You can get a deal on the one I linked the price stated isn't always what they will accept worth a try.

Edit

Sorry didn't see it was sold

Edited by Peakey29

Hobby king all the way for lipos...cant b beat on price....even cheaper then ebay...and buzzer/alarm things....lipo checkers. ....they will have every thing. ...assuming its in Stock. ....u will need to go brushless......I use 4s 4500mh turnigy hard cases 2x less then 28 quid a pair....me boy uses turnigy blues 2s 4000mh think there 10-11 quid each.....

Edited by evssv

I have saved the original plastic bearings and i'll be using the old nimh (1600mah) if i ever go on the beach, and if that fails or i still want more, i have the even older nicd which for some reason is almost twice as good!

If i ever decide to go near the beach :).

That is very nice to hear, if you read all these horror stories about lipo's basically being grenades it's nice to ask!