• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Associated B5M Build thread UPDATED 23/03/14 pic heavy build

Sorry mate lol

Probably going to do a Pearl purple and neon yellow to match my hyper 7 and hyper st

Posted a picture of the st recently in the show me your truggy thread if you want an idea

Bit of an odd question I don't suppose you have the dimensions and hole positions of the layshaft have you or have I missed the boat on that? I'm looking for a slipper assembly I can use on another project

Whenever you can pal I had to rip the dishwasher out last night and replace with another unit as we are moving soon and intolder I ain't buying a new one till we move ( I've spent all my cash on Rc stuff anyway so she's s**t out of luck there)

Edited by Peakey29
  • Like 1

Did you manage to get one ???

No, managed to fix the dishwasher before 0800hrs, then the grief started with my house buyer's and their mortgage provider, so spent most of the day sorting that lot out. Should be free Friday for a trip to Herts hopefully.

The saga has been going for the last six months, hopefully will be over and exchanged by next week, never mind I am sure a visit to Herts shop will make me feel better and my wallet a little lighter.

It must be that time of the year I've got a exchange date of the 2nd of May for our house the woman bought it over the net without even setting foot in it. Result but the one I've bought needs a hell of a lot of work doing that's gonna keep me busy for a while juggling that and trying to run my own truck. Y do we do these things to ourselves

Been building the shocks seems a shame to be stuck in the workshop on such a nice day but progress to be made

Building up the shocks these things are seriously huge for 1/10

F332EE40-DC05-431F-B9A2-2C6D4CDC93DA.jpg

Always let mine rest in a vice to let the oil settle and get the air out

191D7FB0-DD63-4BA9-B058-A1CD304BF322.jpg

Fronts sorted :thumbsup:

4B130BAE-016D-4ED6-A054-05B0492691A7.jpg

And the rears

4BA01EF3-8D77-46D0-9384-D98CF5655468.jpg

To show how big these things are I have them held up against standard Hyper 7 1/8 shocks which I know are not the biggest. The B5 shocks are the same bore

FF82CB09-4D0C-4DC0-9595-7A9AF9704D33.jpg

And up against Fastrax big bores not too much difference except in length obviously

601218C7-05A8-4F9B-9325-4605FC5835DF.jpg

A couple of pics with the shocks on

AD00315D-FD6D-4303-B7F6-7BA61BFAB30D.jpg

0236EC91-B018-438E-B0D6-1757FCCAF77E.jpg

Finally Lipo's are here. I used standard packs in B4 but they won't fit in the B5M , you can use shorty's (I don't have them) Saddles or the special Reedy packs which are basically two saddles joined together and cost

Edited by wangerman69

Good see that AE are making changes/ improvements, not just willing the original chassis design to win.

So far I can't see any part that could be transferable from the b4 possibly some centro parts from the c4 but this really is all new as far as I can tell. Quality wise not quite as nicely engineered as the Schumacher cat k1 but that kit is twice the price but better than the losi 22. Now I know some people will say the losi can either be mid or rear and you get parts for both in the kit but I have never seen a losi owner go oh it's a bit slippery out there today I will most rip my car to pieces and rebuild it for rear motor just doesn't happen. This is not compromised was made mid motor and optimised for that setup the losi's are a compromise in my opinion

I wanna build a kit!This is looking really good!Actually I really want to try my hand at 1/5 AND build a kit!

Do they even do 1/5 in kit form ?????

Do a 1/10 then we will have matching everything lol