• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone got an FTX Colt ?

wangerman69

Got any good pics?

Only whats on CML and FTX's website mate sorry

See that Hobbyking does a brushless kit for the scale

What did you end up with for gearing in the end ?

That's true mate how is it going or is broken for parts ?

still here, havnt had a chance to do anything with all 7 of me rc's hopefully this week though !!!

yep all good i think, i put my lipos into storage mode and didnt realise that would reflect onto me too, 

been to busy with work for anything since end of the summer, the vantage pro is great, the normal vantage is good, i think, the carnage is running although not sure if theres any probs with it ? my mini erevo is driving me nuts, the df02 is still here and i never use it, 

so im considering a 1/18th to mess about with on my roof terrace at home as my 1/10's are too big and a 18 would be perfect i think. 

so toying with either as you said the Colt, carisma GT14, maverick ion xb, its doing me nut in, may also be fun to get a HPI rs4 for a bit of slidy sideway action.....who knows 

hows your motors anyways and have you doen anymore lipos in lately ? 

Nah all the lipos are good nearly forgot about my fire am now building up my associated b5m doing a build thread also made a brushless hyper st

Bob is still breaking the cat k1 everytime

The ftx colt looks so sweet want something to quickly bang round the garden as the b4 is not good at it and the hypers are just too big

Hope to see you at the track soon m8

Not sure but passed them on Sunday and podium was full so Defo a meet going on then. All was quiet so guessing leccy meet on the 1/8 track looked like a good turnout though maybe 50 plus

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought one from wheelspin,ripped out stock system and chucked a 6100kv trackstar system.A good cheap and fast little chassis on 2s.Needs 35 wt oil in shocks and an uprated motor mount to help with cooling.The only weak point is the front plastic cvd's and c hubs,but cml will have the alloy ones in stock soon. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought one from wheelspin,ripped out stock system and chucked a 6100kv trackstar system.A good cheap and fast little chassis on 2s.Needs 35 wt oil in shocks and an uprated motor mount to help with cooling.The only weak point is the front plastic cvd's and c hubs,but cml will have the alloy ones in stock soon. :thumbsup:

How's it holding up? I want one for my littlest girl, she's taken an interest in my cars!

How's it holding up? I want one for my littlest girl, she's taken an interest in my cars!

Hi.Yep its still going strong.I have upgraded the front c hubs and rear bearing holders to the alloy ones and its very robust. If youstick to stock brushed system the cvds will hold,but the extra torque from brushless will break them :sly:.One good addition is if you fit the the hex adaptors from the ecx 1/18th range,and i currently have some absima 1/10th slicks fitted for going over the skate park.It has bigger ground clearance,better grip and looks like a mini 1/8th buggy too :thumbsup:.

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/204734/  Adaptors.

Im having a look for decent shocks that fit,and ill post once ive found some :)

• Like 1