• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Why is mot time so hard?

papasmurf

Wouldnt go worrying too much about the rear shocks. Unless they are pouring out oil or the rubber mounts are **** you'veu cannot fail them anymore. The bounce / rebound test has been removed. They dont have to function only to be fitted, not leaking and mounted securely. Sounds silly I know but it yet another part of the test that has changed. Various things have changed recently such as DPF and diesel cats now have to be fitted and will fail if been removed. The MOT is all I for a massive change next year with it all going internet based and being yet again re-written to fall more in line with Europe and trying to make it the same test in every European country. I k ow I sound a bit of an anorak with the MOTs but I work very closely with a regional Vosa officer due to the sector I am now in. I get all the New info and have to learn it all and am randomly tested on the spot to make sure I am up with it all.

• Like 1

My shocks should be fine then as no leaks and as far as we found all rubbers/bushes as fine.

I think the testers need to be looked at as much as the test itself, I know it's changed over the years but still lots of dodgy testers about

Rob

Daveyboi. Thats also changed. Swpet area has gine now and its all to do with DRIVERS VIEW. Regardless of whats on the screen or where, if you can see the road ahead without anything interfering you are on to a winner.

Big problem lies with testers and opinions. Not all testers are adhering to the rules and regs. Cinstruction and use as well as the law doesnt come into the MOT. In fact there are some elements of the MOT which will pass but atill be illegal for use on the road according to the law. Hard to believe I know but thats what we at the DVSA ( VOSA has a new name coming into force in the spring) struggle to get actoss to the public. As I say though its testers that dont read refer back to the testers manual and learn the new legislation, although all new changes are sent to each tester via the approved computer system (VTS device) and they have to reply to the email to confirm that the chnges have been read and understood, so I reality we should all be singing from the same sheet, but unfortuntly education is ongoing and will always be.