• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My new toy FTX Viper :D

Hello folks, decided to get back into RC for the good weather coming in (hopefully) anyway decided i would go and get myself a FTX Viper. Quite impressed with the looks of it and seems qiuck enough with the brushed motor in it, was also rather surprised to see a 3s 2200mih battery supplied as well :P

Hope to get it out at the weekend and see how it goes! heres a quick picture of it anyway :D

20140305_170147_zps0f7cc110.jpg

Edited by Chris-RcDrift
  • Like 1

had it up down the road there for abit speed isnt bad outta the brushed motor,

I have been thinking about getting the new 2wd ftx buggy, what's the quality like ?

Quality isn't bad the cage and the undertray seem very good and strong, the only weak points i can see is the rear spoiler and the the body pannels might break easy if you take a hard flip or roll, but will find out more at the weekend will take it out for a good bash and see how it goes :D

Its cool I look forward to see these rise in popularity and see what people do with them.  

Is the driveline all metal? To inc a 3s lipo it must be a good brushed set up. 

Its cool I look forward to see these rise in popularity and see what people do with them.  

Is the driveline all metal? To inc a 3s lipo it must be a good brushed set up. 

Yup mental drive line the whole way through, i thought it was gonna come with a 2s but could handle 3s was quite happy when i seen they actually included one :P i have a Tenshock brushless setup sitting about that i'll prop put in at some stage see how it goes :P

Just ordered a brushed sidewinder, I'll up date when I get it.

was looking at that my self but the 4x4 won it over for me, plus it'll handle the power better when i stick my BL system into it :P

Do you know when spares will become available.

not sure havent seen any spares about for it yet but they give you a book with all the part numbers for all the bits, i'd of thought they'd be out soon :P

Ok, do you know if the motor is the same size as the one in the sidewinder

ah to sure its a 550 size motor in the viper if i remember correctly but i don't see why they'd put a smaller motor in the sidewinder, there both 8th scale arent they?

Its the same in the sidewinder, I'm still not sure what motor to go for, I was thinking about 1/8 but I think 4s will be a bit much so 3400kv on 3s should be alright.

Like I said i just went for the brushed one as i have a Tenshock SC401 v2 sitting here but i'll get some use outta the brushed motor til i either break something or get bored and want more speed :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well me being me can't contain myself so imma stick my brushless setup into it the day and give it a blast :P will report back later :D also one note the rear spoiler is very flimsy already cracked it in half :P