• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbywing QUICRUN-WP-8BL150

mydoddy69

really no treatment at all? some thing i aint really looked into i seen people on youtube using balloons around them... i looked up and was told about corrosive x few years ago and did it to avoid water damage as a splash could kill an esc if untreated! same for my RX, but lipos still have solder joints inside the pack and still thought that could short out if submerged ! 

would like to know what that guy did with his lipos in that video as thats proof it works well maybe better than i thought! lol but i still wouldn't put a mamba monster under water like that just dont think i would have the balls! as i seen other ways to fully water proof your stuff to be 100% but dont like the idea of moulding might run to hot? 

ok cool! be good to know :) i still got my vorza on a battered old ezrun the bec died on it awhile ago but got it back to life with a ubec but my ezrun has been throu alot of water not submerged as such but close to it with proper wet fields etc and held up well with corrosion x but i may test it under water as the motor on my vorza has shot bearings as well from all the water about a year ago so i aint got much to lose haha! 

Ok so this esc is good and definitely waterproof only problem I am having is the auto cell detect on mine doesn't work and am having to do it manually

Edited by mugen mad

my ezrun is the same it will auto detect 6s or 4s but if i put 5s in it thinks its 6s and wont run right and cuts out.. so i have to set it to 5s with program card.. ive had an exrun and the same happen on that as well!

who reads them!! a bit pointless having the auto cell, even on the cells it can auto detect ive just not trusted it and still manually set it! didnt know it tells u about that in the manual and i always guessed the auto detect just didn't work right lol but its not like it stopped me for long when i noticed right way it wasn't working right! when i first got into brushless... but i prefer the mamba monster stuff now! but i still got an ezrun i still abuse in one of my cars! 

Edited by G-RATs-Savage

• 4 weeks later...

They've probably had the means to make the 150a waterproof for afew years but didnt need to offer it cos others wasnt but now castle have hw have.  You cant just release your best idea lol it leaves no room for v2 - v3 and so on. imo

Like bleach lol were at 99.99% now 

• 2 weeks later...

If you program it to be 5S, then it will stay on 5S if it's anything like the previous products.

If you put a 4S or 6S in, it will need re-setting.

Basically...the problem the ESC has is telling the difference between a nearly discharged 6S battery, and a fully charged 5S one. If it made a mistake and took the thing as 5S, and the owner didn;t count the beeps....you end up with a dead 6S battery and an unhappy customer! Put a 5S in and it will auto detect it as 6S, and the LV will cut in straight away.

I ran my XERun on 5S, so I just left it at that setting.

If you swap a lot, get a program card and it's easy to swap

Ordered myself one of these the other day . I will be running 4-5s lipos so I will let u know if you still have to change the settings or the auto count has been sorted . The blue hw150 I had wouldn't recognize odd numbered lipos

• Like 1

Been using mine for a while now and had no issues what so ever.. Got the cheapo Hobbywing program card and seeing as it plugs in to the outside of the esc its easy to set between auto or your desired cell count.. All you do is like on the WP sc8 is unplug the fan from the port program it plug the fan back in and your good to go in a matter of a minute with the box ..

As for the cell count like the other non waterproof version your have to set it to recognise odd cell counts it will auto detect 4s / 6s thou..      

Got one of these and yes you still have to manually set the cell count as it doesn't auto detect 4s and count 3s instead.

Your's might be faulty then as mine auto detects 4s and 6s

Can someone link this cheapo programming box? Got one of these ESC`s coming in post at moment and was planning to run a 5s and 4s thru it.

Cept that folks have done that and are asking not just because there are 2 different programming options box/card.

But also as members on here will often have specific links to deals or the item v.cheap.

So no reason to assume folk are stupid or to give a cheeky reply.

Asking for a link to an obscure part or bargain item I'm fine with. Generic programming card not so much, even if there are two another search will quickly tell you the differences and which one to go for.

Even still folk on here normally will know best place to buy a generic item aswell as best price.

Likewise, it doesn't hurt to reiterate. Or have a link to it in a thread about the esc. Handy when things a're in one place.

Incidentally for anyone else here it is at