• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Samuran

I'd like to think so, the seller told me it's a year old but obviously I don't know where he got it from and how long it might have been in a shop before selling.

As long as it's splash proof I'm not too worried :D

And now it looks as tho tomorrow wont be first play as my brothers just told me the fuel he has is 25% not 20%.... or will running the trophy on 25% not cause a massive problem on for a tank / maybe 2?

Edited by Samuran

http://www.competitionx.com/pdf/vehicle-manuals/hpi-racing/hpi-trophy-35-manual.pdf

Copy of the 3.5 Trophy manual for light evening reading.

ERROR FORBIDDEN... can't view that.

I did find this tho - 

Needle settings - from the HPI 3.5 engine manual.

The HSN is factory set to 3 1/2 turns. After break-in, the needle can range from 2 1/2 to 3 turns from fully closed depending upon humidity, elevation, fuel and glow plug.

The LSN is factory set to 3 1/2 turns. After break-in, the needle can range from 2 1/2 to 3 turns from fully closed...

"The mid-range adjustment screw is pre-set from the factory to 3 1/4 turns from fully closed. It is recommended that you do not adjust the mid-range adjustment screw."

Think you will be fine.

But guess what come up to the track on Sunday

Perranporth? I'd love to but got some car related (puncture) probs and not getting new tyres till Monday :(

ERROR FORBIDDEN... can't view that.

I did find this tho - 

Needle settings - from the HPI 3.5 engine manual.The HSN is factory set to 3 1/2 turns. After break-in, the needle can range from 2 1/2 to 3 turns from fully closed depending upon humidity, elevation, fuel and glow plug.The LSN is factory set to 3 1/2 turns. After break-in, the needle can range from 2 1/2 to 3 turns from fully closed..."The mid-range adjustment screw is pre-set from the factory to 3 1/4 turns from fully closed. It is recommended that you do not adjust the mid-range adjustment screw."

Blessed IT failure !.

Well yeah I'm pretty chuffed. Ended up re tuning with my brother.. altho as he admits it's probably rubbish lol

I have now found a problem tho. Need a new steering servo, after about 15 minutes of pratting about the steering locked full right... it had slipped on the servo, pretty sure that the teeth are rounded out... any good suggestions for a replacement? 

it had slipped on the servo, pretty sure that the teeth are rounded out... any good suggestions for a replacement? 

Check it's the teeth on the servo and not the horn, the servo horns frequently strip before the servo does.

Looking into this more I'm not really sure what version this is..

As far as I can tell there are 3 HPI versions.

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=10508

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=101704

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=107012

It's almost like mine has the shell and shocks from the 1st version (10508) and then the rest is more like the other two. It has the orange anodised parts and water proof air filter etc...

Don't suppose it really matters tho. First proper play is going to be tomorrow.

Good news is the older versions esp the Hotbodies parts are actually better.  HPI changed their metal manufacturing process a couple of years ago and sadly for the worse.  The shock caps you have are rare!  Note that all the alu parts from HPI now come in either 6061 alu or 7075 so keep that in mind when shopping ;) Seriously consider getting the alu front brace though.

Edit:  Oh and replace that airfilter!  It's airproof as well as water proof :lol:

HPi changed their website recently and intergrated the Hotbodies one which contained all the decent discontinued part numbers.  However you can no longer view em! boo to HPI! :xd:

Edited by Deafty

Good news is the older versions esp the Hotbodies parts are actually better.  HPI changed their metal manufacturing process a couple of years ago and sadly for the worse.  The shock caps you have are rare!  Note that all the alu parts from HPI now come in either 6061 alu or 7075 so keep that in mind when shopping ;) Seriously consider getting the alu front brace though.

Edit:  Oh and replace that airfilter!  It's airproof as well as water proof :lol:

HPi changed their website recently and intergrated the Hotbodies one which contained all the decent discontinued part numbers.  However you can no longer view em! boo to HPI! :xd:

Thanks for that Deafty.

Is this the bit you mean? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-TROPHY-3-5-BUGGY-2-4GHz-101770-ALUM-FRONT-CHASSIS-ANTI-BENDING-ROD-TROPHY-SE-/380852986484?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item58ac9b6274

And do you have a recommended replacement airfilter? I'd want it to be splash / water proof.