• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho Scorpion XXL thread.

Tug

Forgot to mention fronts, as it's 2wd, the ribs have been reasonable on road. For off-road they will probably struggle. I've a few mates with 1/8 buggys, so I'll try one of their wheels and see how they look. If they're not too small, that'll solve that problem as there are loads of buggy tyres available.

Not impressed, two extra teeth and virtually no increase in speed! I've messed with the timing, it changes almost nothing!

So, it's now running a 16 tooth pinion, slight speed increase. I'll leave it at that and wait for a proper bash to try her out, I've yet to really see if these changes are going to adversely affect the temps.

I may still swap the ESC and up the voltage, not decided yet.

Ha ha ha knew you go bigger and faster after all that egging on from noj.

On a more serious note tell me how she runs on 5s as there is no such thing as too fast lol.

• Like 2

No video, but I can safely say it's a lot faster on 5s! However, it doesn't like stopping! I was only testing on Tarmac, but it does need room to stop!

I'm pleased with how the install went, nice and tidy!

20140307_130803.jpg

On Tarmac it's stopping power is appalling, but I could be being harsh. I reckon on nice grippy grass with the knobbly Badlands it'll be a lot better. The abs that is built in to the kyosho radio gear does help to stop it in a straight line, but once the nose drops and the rear lifts under braking, it seems to take an age to stop.

Come on dry weather!

Maybe, we'll see.

Here's a strange one, the Castle 3M that's in there is doing weird things, sometimes it launches off the line, next it's like the punch is on half power. Took it out, popped an MGM in there and it doesn't do it. So it would appear that I've a faulty ESC, which is kind of annoying. Something else to sort out!