• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

kyosho Scorpion XXL thread.

Tug

That is a bugger :( Haven't had a look at the kit parts, however, I think your images show exactly how good they aren't.

Here's to finding the right fix, using stronger parts... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's done. I've rebuilt the diff with the if102 gears just to see what they're like. It feels a little rough and notchy, but that should settle in after a couple of gentle packs. I'll start with 4s and move up to 5s when it's bedded in a bit.

That's all for now, just gotta wait for the sun again.

I had two 4s packs at storage and figured "they'll do!". The diff seems OK, but there is a strange nose coming from it, I'll give it some more bedding in time before I take it out and inspect it. I still have the proper diff gears, so could fit those and see if it's quieter.

Happy to have it running again, I'll be happier when the voltage is back up to 5s.

I should be rebuilding my hypers diffs over the next couple of days hopefully.

I'll see if I can come up with anything to get one in the scorpion, might even be able to get a spider in there or something, I've never managed to strip one of those. Can't remember if all 3 of mine are spiders though so that could put an end to that plan.

There a quick way to get the diff out of the scorpion?

The diff seems to have two large main gears, these are fine. However, they leave little space for the spider gears so they're quite small. It's these that seem to be the weak link. In the coming days I'm hoping to stretch her legs some more and see if these new gears hold together.

I've also backed off the slipper quite a bit, hopefully that'll take some strain out of the equation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Not been on this forum for some time.

Good to see there are more Scorpion fans out there.

I got the nitro version and absolutely love it but i cant wait to get my hands on the b-xxl body

Seb

Hi guys,

Not been on this forum for some time.

Good to see there are more Scorpion fans out there.

I got the nitro version and absolutely love it but i cant wait to get my hands on the b-xxl body

Seb

Pics and vids, fella, dems da rulez! ;)

And welcome aboard! Do share any Scorpion tips you might have!

Here you can find 3 pictures of my xxl, its amazing how little pictures i got of my beast lol i guess you forgot to take pictures when your having fun bashing lol

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/gallery/album/3498-kyosho-scorpion-xxl/

Also got some videos but i first have to cut them down, my cameraman took a bit to much footage of the ground or his feet lmao

Here you can find 3 pictures of my xxl, its amazing how little pictures i got of my beast lol i guess you forgot to take pictures when your having fun bashing lol

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/gallery/album/3498-kyosho-scorpion-xxl/

Also got some videos but i first have to cut them down, my cameraman took a bit to much footage of the ground or his feet lmao

Yeah, I was too busy bitchin about other people not taking pics or vids! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't felt the need, the stockers feel pretty good despite being all plastic. The kyosho upgrades are quite a price if I remember correctly.