• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Back in the Baja fraternity... Again?! (The B!tch)

Oh How Original

Haha, I'm going to enjoy this one mate :P

Just trying to do a deal for the Veritgo diff locker... Probably chuck that in my own Baja and put the diff from mine into this build.

I've fancied trying one in the Baja for a while because of the low bottom end torque I've got, it might help get her moving out of the corners.

Got something a bit special on the way for this.

Or at least I think it is, even if it's not everyones cup of tea.

Although it'll probably end up on my own Baja with the KM one going onto this.

We'll see what happens when it arrives, either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Turtle racing?

shweet! 

out of interest did you get the one off ebay and does it store the max rpm or did you video it?

It stayed on the screen for a couple of seconds after I stopped, I haven't actually figured out how to view the maximum or do anything on it :lol: I've not yet looked at the instructions I just stuck it on and gunned it :lol:

And yes this is the one; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321234666271?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I'm eventually going to get the TTO as it's a lot more user friendly and records maximums etc... But it's not an important thing so that can wait, I was just curious as people said between 16-23k in the end.

Glad it's towards the top of that lol.

I forgot to update this when the part arrived I was eagerly awaiting.

It arrived this morning and I'm very very chuffed :D

It's actually going on my own Baja to save some weight as that's set up for speed, so it makes sense... Also then this won't get damaged and marked up to hell, I'm not one to bother about scratches and stuff, I'm also not normally a carbon fan, but this is simply too nice to ruin.

Sexy Uber chassis :D

IMG_3382_zps08ee657f.jpg

• Like 1

So a bit of good news this morning, or at least good news for me anyway, theirs been a Flysky GT3B box sat on my parents wardrobe for a good 6 months... I always assumed the radio I sold with my Slash was the radio out of that box, but apparently not, for some unknown reason I just had a sudden urge to check the box and to my surprise and amazement, a brand new tx and rx sat in it... I don't even remember buying it, yet there it is lol.

So I'm pretty happy, saved me

• Like 1

I think that's mine! I clearly remember paying you for it and never getting it! Pmsl

Lmao, don't say that, certain people on here will label me a scammer :xd: :xd:

I've updated the first post to make it clearer for people to see what's missing, at the moment I'm skint until my S4 sells but I felt like updating it anyway, thanks for letting me steal your idea Paul ;)

So I started on the rear end as I'm awaiting some bits for the front and noticed I'm missing the little metal rid bit that goes into the brake, along with the little washers that it goes through, so that's now on hold, also started on the steering assembly I bought and it's got bits missing.

Damnit :lol: here's as far as the rear construction got anyway...

IMG_3425_zps7c3b35e0.jpg

Got further/more parts than I have though fella

I'm building 2 mind

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk 2

I'm either further now mate, most of the back end is build lol, got the diff in place, shocks to go on, just need turnbuckles/balls & hinge pin braces and I can get the arms on.

Bit further on now, still need stupid small bits that I can't afford yet, so this is about as far as I can go for the moment, also people taking the absolute pee to reply on eBay, when stuff has arrived with missing parts brand new from business sellers, it annoys the hell out of me!!

Anyway, it only took 7 pages fot this to turn into the actual build lol...

IMG_3426_zpsd749d9e1.jpg

I know they both are, it's only a mock up to make sure I've got all the parts I think I have :) not the final build, she'll get built up in mock form to make 100% sure she's complete and then get the full build with threadlock, grease etc... :)

Also huge thanks to Paul, paid for a new coil lead and he sent me a throttle linkage too, that's saved me some money, time and a nice surprise, thanks a lot dude :thumbsup:

Ahh.........

The old "Mock build up / I meant it" bluff!! ;-)

Lol

G

Lmao, nah nothing is threadlocked or even tight to be honest :lol: just making sure I've actually got everything :P building my own Baja back up at the minute, so that will get put in the front bedroom when it's done and out of my way.

Need this bloody phone to sell so I can progress with this one :(

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided to take this off sale and just complete it, I was selling it to fund Ste's Shorty, which unfortunately sold and I thought about still selling it all and just putting the money towards a brand new KM, but screw it, for what I've actually got invested in this now, I'm way behind the

• Like 1