• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maesterio's Baja

maesterio

How did you find the tyres on grass?

They are alright-ish, in the muddy parts they loose traction.

I have a new order coming in with some clone hostile front & rear. 

I decided to screw the cage because I like the look of the baja & dont want to change it just yet, instead of the cage I might consider getting the Losi DBXL in the future.

Went out for a run today again, nearly 3-4 days in a row I'm starting to notice a few things I would like to upgrade:

1) Steering is a bit lacking with the baja servo, it is more stronger on one side than the other. I have a savox sc0236mg metal gear 40kg servo on the way. I guess new tyres would help also.

2) It's not as fast as I want it to be on long straights. I have a Dom v2 clone on the way, I have also ordered 18/56 gearing. I dont want a vrc side pipe as I dont like the look of it.

I don't want a new engine just yet, will get a OBR when this one goes bust :P

Can anybody recommend any good head kits for some extra oomph, or any other good upgrades for speed?

Nicest looking KM I've seen, looks much nicer with the body off.

Are you gonna get outerwears for the pullstart and crankcase mate? Your cooling fins will surely be filling up with grass every run.

Edited by Rossyra

Lol!!

Your going for this BIG style huh!!

Go large or go home!! ;-) (love it!)

G

haha cheers mate

Errrm, the pipe on the car already is the dom clone, which is a low to mid range power pipe, if you want high end power, then you really do need to look at side pipes.

Damn really, does it come with the v1 or v2. The one i got on the way is a v2, is there much difference? I really don't want a side pipe.

Nicest looking KM I've seen, looks much nicer with the body off.

Are you gonna get outerwears for the pullstart and crankcase mate? Your cooling fins will surely be filling up with grass every run.

thanks bud, I cant justify 17.50 for pullstart cover or 15.49 for air filter.

I have some km's on the way for 2-3 quid each lol

That's the power of asking before buying lol.

If you want the servo faster, then just turn the Expo up a bit.

If it's going more one way than the other, that's the end points... :whistling:

A Baja definitely doesn't need 40kg of steering force lol.

And I've just put the clone side pipe on... Definitely worth not liking a side pipe.

It's really grown on me though, but even if you don't like them, buy it anyway, absolutely fantastic pipe!

Has opened up my engine ridiculously... I'm running 19/55 gearing, so not far off, and this pipe gets the engine going and then builds it up, then where the clone Dom tails off, this thing kicks it up a gear (not literally you understand) and it's off again.

My mate today couldn't believe the difference in speed, he's seen it running with the Dom clone on, our Bajas have already been neck and neck, for both acceleration and top end, but now, his wouldn't hold a candle lol.

That torquey motor, with a side pipe and taller gearing would give you a very noticable amount more top end.

Bear (got it right Dave ;) ) in mind that my Baja is also running a 23cc engine so pretty gutless bottom end to begin with, taller gearing makes it worse and the side pipe makes it even worse, and I'm still very happy, it still donuts on any surface if I want it to, just in a very controlled way.

Just my 2p worth.

Edited by Oh How Original

Damn, should have asked before buying!

The package has not been dispatched off yet so I might have a chance to change it to the vrc side pipe clone. I don't like the look of it, but the way you describe the performance seems worth it!

I have heard the servo with the baja I got goes bust after some time, besides the new savox cost me 40quid.

Also I am running a KM002A so that's the 29cc engine :P 

Will update when dispatched, cant wait! :D 

Damn, should have asked before buying!

The package has not been dispatched off yet so I might have a chance to change it to the vrc side pipe clone. I don't like the look of it, but the way you describe the performance seems worth it!

I have heard the servo with the baja I got goes bust after some time, besides the new savox cost me 40quid.

Also I am running a KM002A so that's the 29cc engine :P

Will update when dispatched, cant wait! :D

To be honest I've only ever liked the look of one side pipe, and that's the Jetpro Dual Bleed.

The GBE had amazing performance so I liked it, but didn't like how it looked.

Same with the VRC I had, didn't like the look.

But with this I do actually like how it looks, goes with my black and grey/silver theme (still need rid of some orange)

Even if you hate side pipes, it's still worth buying... Paired to a 29cc engine (more torque) on either 56/18 or 55/19 it will be a flying machine :) just remember to make sure it's properly run in before really hammering it, because the gear and pipe combo will push the engine to it's limits.

Thankfully this 23cc is a screamer by nature anyway, so hitting 20k+ RPM won't really be bothering it too much.

I'd love a tachometer to see what it's actually hitting!

Hell yeah, order got dispatched today & managed to squeeze in the vrc side pipe :P

Heres the order :D

FID Racing Hydraulic Brake Kit for Baja 5b

Rear dirt tyres baja 5b hostile clone

baja-cnc-Front-shock-support-set 

baja-cnc-Rear-shock-support-2pc 

baja-rear-brace-

5B-baja-8000rmp-spring-clutch-

Front dirt tyres hostile clone

5B-baja-VRC side pipe clone

SAVOX-0236-with-CNC-servoarm 

baja 18/56 gear set

baja 1/5 petrol pullstart spare