• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maesterio's Baja

maesterio

Baja Progress List:

Green - Done & fitted

Red - Awaiting delivery/waiting to be fitted

Turtle Racing front shock brace with tower

Turtle Racing rear shock brace

Aluminium clutch bell carrier

Sway bar set

Killer rc limiting cables

Rear alloy led kit

Switch blade kill switch

Uber Rc windows

Silverback red monkey nuts

RPM Front Bumper & Skid Plate

Skull Gas Cap - BLACK

R/C Fuel line (red)

DarkSoul Billet Servo Saver for HPI Baja 5b/5T

HPI Z340 - Wheel bead lock screws. (HEX SOCKET/25PCS).

HPI WING SET (Baja5b)

Silverback R/C - Black HD Beadlock Rings (inner)

Silverback R/C - Red HD Beadlock Rings (outer)

Shockwerars 'Skulls' Baja 5b

Full Kill RC - Throttle Linkage Set

Baja Front Upper Brace Black Anodized 

HPI BAja Left Side Engine Mount Brace RED 

HPI Baja Rear Chassis brace V2 Black 

HPI Baja Right Side Engine Mount Brace RED 

HPI Baja Brake Calliper - Black Anodized

HPI Baja Front Upper Plate 4mm Black Anodized 

FID Racing hydraulic brake kit

Rear dirt tyres hostile clone

Front dirt tyres hostile clone

CNC front shock support

CNC rear shock support

CNC rear brace

8000rmp spring clutch

VRC Clone side pipe

Savox 0236 with CNC arm

Baja 18/56 gear set

Replacement pullstart

Pull start cover

LED Light Switch

30.5CC Engine Upgrade With Genuine Walbro 668 carb & NGK Spark plug

Baja 3 Speed Transmission full kit (Gears: 17T 57T, 21T 53T, 26T 48T)

H-Bomb roll cage Clone

CNC alloy steering part set

CNC alloy rear linkage ball

CNC alloy front linkage ball

Hi guys, 

Finally got delivery for my KM 002A.

I am absolutely gobsmacked at how big it is compared to my hyper 7.

However, I am not to sure of the quality. The plastic parts do look like they will shatter on the first landing. I guess it needs a ton of upgrades. The servo's are typical chinese so I will be replacing those with savox. I am also not sure how KM are giving out

Edited by maesterio

What have you spent a couple of hundred on already without even running it? Just out of interest.

Also that looks current as its running the RPM clone arms, the plastics on KM's aren't the best but they definitely won't shatter, you will find they will last you a good while!

if your not happy dude send it back, things are never as described than on their website. i ordered a002c and it came with a chrome chassi not black like pictured. Minor things but it really pisses me off !

But apart from the bodyshell it looks like a 002c (not that theres much difference apart from engine size)

Also these arent genuine engines however will do you well and have plenty power.

What have you spent a couple of hundred on already without even running it? Just out of interest.

Also that looks current as its running the RPM clone arms, the plastics on KM's aren't the best but they definitely won't shatter, you will find they will last you a good while!

I've ordered the upgrades from MMR Largescale who have currently screwed up on delivery as they are using UK Mail & his best excuse was 'we had 28 parcels'. 

Also a couple parts from eBay. Most parts should be here tomorrow. 

TR front shock brace+ tower

TR rear shock brace

AL clutch bell carrier

Sway bar set

killer rc limiting cables

A new body shell

Allow LED light kit

Mudflap set

switch blade kill switch

Uber rc red windows

Red wheel nuts

& a couple extra's.

I was originally going to get the HPI SS kit but thought I would be better off getting the 002A with these upgrades.

if your not happy dude send it back, things are never as described than on their website. i ordered a002c and it came with a chrome chassi not black like pictured. Minor things but it really pisses me off !

But apart from the bodyshell it looks like a 002c (not that theres much difference apart from engine size)

Also these arent genuine engines however will do you well and have plenty power.

I guess you get what you pay for, I'm still happy with it as long as they've given me the updated model. Also after upgrading the hell out of it I don't think a KM stays a KM or a HPI stays a HPI. 

Edited by maesterio

So KM have now cloned the RPM style arms. Starting to take the biscuit now, when will they learn to be inventive and stop copying other peoples ideas. 

Isnt that the point of chinese knock offs tho? To provide you with something you already know but cheaper?

• Like 1

They haven't really clone rom arms, just made there own out of nylon. There pretty tough too tbh !

Looks like a good set of upgrades mate, be prepared to spend money on tyres too. Unless u tape the standard ones. I just bought hostiles as there awesome!

If you're unhappy send it back.

A bit of dust is nothing, and neither is the colour of parts.

In my opinion anyway, it's going to get dirty and stuff, if you want something coloured to your specific needs then build one from scratch and get everything powder coated.

Don't see why you think it needs a ton of upgrades, when it doesn't really, each to their own I guess :lol:

I've been running mine in basically stock form for a while without actually breaking anything.

Set everything up correctly from the start and you don't need to spend silly amounts of money on things you don't actually need.

Edited by Oh How Original

I'd say all most his upgrades are great choices and if bashed hard enough will be needed.

Your right colour doesn't matter but when u spend over 400 on something it's nice to know exactly what your going to get. Not just open the box and have some miss match thing that isn't as described/pictured on the site.

I've been running mine in basically stock form for a while without actually breaking anything.

Set everything up correctly from the start and you don't need to spend silly amounts of money on things you don't actually need.

I'm sure yours has been sat on your workbench doing nothing because it's always been broke ? :L

I'm sure yours has been sat on your workbench doing nothing because it's always been broke ? :L

Then you're obviously not very well informed.

It's sat there simply because I don't want to use it.

The only thing that's "broken" was a clutch bell I bought that had a bad weld and the seller took it back.

Which isn't anything bad about the Baja, it was just a very bad weld the seller said when he received it back and refunded me.

Upgrades are personal choice, the way he worded it was like it needed another few hundred spending just to run it.

I said:

I'm still happy with it as long as they've given me the updated model.

Also I don't like things stock, when I had my hyper 7 I got bored after 1 week & stuck a LRP ZR 32 in it. 

Best thing about this hobby is you can customise to your own desire, however you wish. Not everyone will agree with your colour scheme or the upgrades you want to go for. Obviously it will work without the upgrades, but because I didn't go for HPI 5b SS I had a couple

• Like 3

Definitely does, chrome just doesn't look right at all.

Liking the look of it a lot more now :)

Perhaps invest in some Monster rear tyres if you haven't already and some Silverback beadlocks and screws.

And I wasn't meaning it in a funny way bud, I was just saying you don't need to spend hundreds right out of the box lol.

Maybe I just read it wrong :) either way it's looking grand.

Get those tyres and foams properly taped and add a set of silverback beadlock and screws to the upgrades list, or, better still, order some hostile rear tyres (still belt them)...grip aplenty with no tyres ripping from the rims and spoiling your bash

Ballooning not an issue for the gasser then; I didn't, til I saw a still shot of the beast at full pelt, never thought the hostiles would grow so much rofl!

It still is.

Some folk just either don't see it as an issue or don't see the ballooning lol.

Not the easiest of things to spot on something so big flying along.

Although I have never rolled my Baja just by turning it around a corner

Not driving fast enough TW ;-p

Agree with the not seeing it, ran mine a whole season before the 'lucky' picture was taken! SC tyres tho, which are probably much more prone than B rears...

Edited by Noj

Not driving fast enough TW ;-p

Agree with the not seeing it, ran mine a whole season before the 'lucky' picture was taken! SC tyres tho, which are probably much more prone than B rears...

Yeah it is, I was the same, saw it on my first 5B when I hit a jump flat out and a photographer at the bash caught a really nice shot of it with ballooning rears lol.

They where hard compound Hostiles as well.

I always tape my Monsters now, for what it costs theirs no viable reason not to :lol: