• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaping

Rover Man

As I mentioned in my post earlier, I'm pretty new to all this but my MVP 3.0 is a great bit of kit, the battery lasts about 3 days before charging and the build quality is superb- the thing is like a tank! 

mini-z-awd - Are you using mosfet's in your mod box builds? I have been doing a bit of research on building and think I'm going to have a go at a single 18650 build. I have brought a lovely old burr wood trinket box off ebay, which I'm planning to hack up and use for the enclosure, as there's nothing like jumping in at the deep end!  

the mvp3 looks good and the battery is supposed to last a few days so no charging or changing batts everyday

My mvp3.0 arrived two days ago, it showed a full charge when I opened it. Been using it constantly since and this is where it's at.

4FD476F4-84BF-423D-BDF1-C7262ED6E4BC_zps

It feels really solid and well made. :)

Interesting that it's showing the coil at 2.7ohm, its from a multi pack of genuine kanger coils sold as 2.5ohm.

My coils always seem to read slightly different than the coil manufacturers claims as well on my mvp 3 the 1.8's I use show up as 2.0ohm. I don't think it's the mvp reading it wrong, I assume that during the manufacturing process, coils probably vary a bit. I'm guessing it's very difficult to make them consistently at the same ohm rating all the time. 

You got the best colour mvp as well  :thumbsup:

Edited by scrumpy jack

mini-z-awd - Are you using mosfet's in your mod box builds? I have been doing a bit of research on building and think I'm going to have a go at a single 18650 build. I have brought a lovely old burr wood trinket box off ebay, which I'm planning to hack up and use for the enclosure, as there's nothing like jumping in at the deep end!  

yes iam using a mosfet i have the same one in all the box`s ive made here it is 

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/N-Channel-Mosfet-195A-40V-IRLB3034PBF?search=mosfet

i also found a guy on ebay selling them so i bought two of them and i have one in my dna box and it seems as good as the ones above 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271444903377?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

ooooooooohhhhhhhhh a wooden box i want to try and do one of them soon nothing like a good bit off wood in your hand lol

yes iam using a mosfet i have the same one in all the box`s ive made here it is 

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/N-Channel-Mosfet-195A-40V-IRLB3034PBF?search=mosfet

i also found a guy on ebay selling them so i bought two of them and i have one in my dna box and it seems as good as the ones above 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271444903377?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

ooooooooohhhhhhhhh a wooden box i want to try and do one of them soon nothing like a good bit off wood in your hand lol

Yes that's the one i'll use...I got a couple of nice boxes as they were mega cheap- I will cut them up and rebuild them into a suitable sized housings, I will refinish the wood with laquer once done.- I thought I may as well buy enough components to make 2 mods. I've still yet to get a couple of 18650 batteries - any recommendations? 

Here are the boxes I got- I love the burr wood, should look really nice.

$_57.JPG

Yes that's the one i'll use...I got a couple of nice boxes as they were mega cheap- I will cut them up and rebuild them into a suitable sized housings, I will refinish the wood with laquer once done.- I thought I may as well buy enough components to make 2 mods. I've still yet to get a couple of 18650 batteries - any recommendations? 

Here are the boxes I got- I love the burr wood, should look really nice.

$_57.JPG

nice looking box it looks like it would only need abit taking out of the top so it isnt too high but i guess you`l have to get the parts first and then see if it does need modded or not 

i use either sony vct4`s or samsung 25r`s i got mine form a guy called torchythebatteryboy on the uk vapers site they cost about

Thanks for the link will have a look. I've still not decided on a dual parallel or just doing a single- I'm thinking something nice and small so may go with the single, which means I would have to chop the box up quite a bit to get the size I want. As you say until I have it all in front of me I'm not sure what the plan is exactly. I was also toying with the idea of adding a mini usb charging board, but think I may leave that for the moment seeing as it's my first build. I will order all my components today hopefully. Oh I got my mini subtank through yesterday- it's pretty awesome- i've only played around with it much and still trying to suss the ideal wattage to put through it.

Thanks for the link will have a look. I've still not decided on a dual parallel or just doing a single- I'm thinking something nice and small so may go with the single, which means I would have to chop the box up quite a bit to get the size I want. As you say until I have it all in front of me I'm not sure what the plan is exactly. I was also toying with the idea of adding a mini usb charging board, but think I may leave that for the moment seeing as it's my first build. I will order all my components today hopefully. Oh I got my mini subtank through yesterday- it's pretty awesome- i've only played around with it much and still trying to suss the ideal wattage to put through it.

i run the subtank mini with the 1.2 coil at 20 watts with 50/50 juice and open all the way just for big clouds but you can run it at lower watts and still get good cloudage 

Well the new aero tank arrived today. Bit disappointed if I'm honest AS the airflow collar was jammed fully closed. I even tried a pairs of pliers, still firmly stuck closed. That's getting sent back, and I have a subtank mini in order to replace the aero.

Been gaping for a couple of months now. Got a blu pro kit which I thought was pretty decent then went and got myself a nautilus mini and a kangertech ipow2 and wow what a difference. Love it. Going to get me some new juice as well may some nice suicide bunny or five pawns, they look tastey.

Phil it's a pain but you can take the aero apart, my first one was fine for awhile then it always locked up. I would put pliers on the top threads trying not to grind it much and then it came apart.  Twisted so it was fully open them locked it up again.

Phil it's a pain but you can take the aero apart, my first one was fine for awhile then it always locked up. I would put pliers on the top threads trying not to grind it much and then it came apart.  Twisted so it was fully open them locked it up again.

I've tried everything, but the airflow ring refuses to move.

02E5B33F-4FC9-42A6-BD5F-730ADBE12E86_zps

I contacted the EBAY seller I got the aero tank from, after a couple of mails back and forth they said they would send me a new aero out. I asked for a returns label so I could send the stuck one back, they told me I wouldn't need to send the old one back. As that was the case, I set to it to see if it would free up as I didn't need to worry about any damage. :)

3E65E646-8E4A-4A69-80B6-49E47E3F6F62_zps

It only took 2 people and 2 Gerbers ! I now have a brand new aero (FREE) and a subtank mini on the way. :)

Yeah never realised how big the seal is on it, nice a chunky looks like it was built to last had no problems undoing it today. Got space jam's Pluto the other day at 12 mg it is superb, really tasty!!! Would recommend it.

Just been to a local vaping shop which I have never been in before. Only went in to try some juices and came out with a few different flavours made by Vampie Vape, drip tip and a Eleaf Lemo Drop. I have wanted a RBA that is bottom feed, micro coil and cotton friendly deck with a glass tank for a while as I like flavours with aniseed. Nice tank, currently filled with rhubarb and custard sat on my brass astro.

Might pick up a mvp next time I am in there.