• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaping

Rover Man

14 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

So I was doing it all wrong in the end.

So cut a long story short. About 8 years ago I  got a Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm tank and a WISMEC RX200 mod. I did really well getting off the smokes until I lost my job and got back on the smokes.

Forward to a few months ago and I got back to the ol vape. I was using Vampire Vape Heisenberg which I used before. Its a 50/50 VG/PG. This appears to of been my problem. I kept trying different flavours and each time they just didn't taste nice at all! Like slightly burnt chemicals. But persisted and ended up liking Black Jack. Then I couldn't find it in the shops anymore.

Then came the issue of coils. As the tank was old and coils were getting hard to find I needed to look into a new tank and possibly a new mod. This is where I stumbled across the fact that with a Sub Ohm tank you need to be using a high VG liquid!!!

So had a look around and went and got an Geekvape Aegis Legend 2 kit (Mod would be £44.99, tank £28.99 - Kit was £48.99...obvious sale on the kit) which came with a free Doozy Blue Razz Berry....and OMFG...its a different world!!! This is amazing!!! So much better and I have FLAVOUR without the headaches too!

So I got another one for my brother to try and modded them both 😄

BEFORE:
ACA6525A-B8AD-4D0A-BA4E-D5C8B2563A81.thumb.jpg.9ed35c62a4010461fccab9c5aacfe979.jpg

AFTER:
71016992748__1CF25B86-44CD-4EB3-93DA-9CDBC40B2C13.thumb.jpg.21fc659c69705bf44b532265986b67f7.jpg
71016990778__2CA7A9D7-3716-4632-8C41-B7942C53AAF0.thumb.jpg.0f6a76f47fbd21dd5047b316408c1c8e.jpg
71017065822__3C026EBC-BB9C-4F79-8036-F7958583650D.thumb.jpg.f4753c1b0aad8e9d9e7e83f92a6a3f99.jpg

That Geekvape mod is simply brilliant if you don't mind the size and weight of the thing - it's one of the ones I have in my collection along with version 1 which required 2 18650 batteries to power it and the batteries could not be charged in the mod you need a separate charger for it, it's more than heavy and solid enough to brain a whale with the thing.

Edited by Grogg

28 minutes ago, Grogg said:

That Geekvape mod is simply brilliant if you don't mind the size and weight of the thing - it's one of the ones I have in my collection along with version 1 which required 2 18650 batteries to power it and the batteries could not be charged in the mod you need a separate charger for it, it's more than heavy and solid enough to brain a whale with the thing.

Versus the WIZBEC, which was a 3 battery mod and a lot of metal this thing is light as a feather! It's actually lighter than the WIZBEC with no batteries in.

EDIT: Oh and thankfully its USB-C chargeable so can use my other charge leads. Apple - take note.

Edited by totlxtc

3 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

Versus the WIZBEC, which was a 3 battery mod and a lot of metal this thing is light as a feather! It's actually lighter than the WIZBEC with no batteries in.

I can't remember who made it, but somebody made a mod that was in the shape of a pistol grip - basically the grip of a Glock G18, that required six 18650 batteries, the thing weighed a tonne, but in no way did it feel like it was put together well or solid, it actually felt rather cheap in the hand, like it would splinter into a million pieces at the slightest knock, and the colours it was available in  where shocking.  This was just a standard mod, not a sqonk box or anything fancy.

5 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

It's when I see people mod boxes to run LIPOs. How can that even be safe!!!

It's a lot safer than when we used to do it with the old fashioned filament light bulbs and a small blow torch - like a chefs blow torch.

17 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

EDIT: Oh and thankfully its USB-C chargeable so can use my other charge leads. Apple - take note.

Apple switched to using USB C instead of their stupid lightning cable close to 5 years ago now, though they have still handicapped their products to work with 3rd parties, fort example my iPad mini is USB C it takes about 20 minutes to charge it from 1% to 100%, now that same charger and cable on my Samsung S20+ 5G Ultra, which is also USB C, the Apple charger and USB C cable takes close to 3 hours to get the phone to 100%, where as the Samsung charger and cable will do it in 20 minutes or less with both my Samsung phone or iPad Mini.

Edited by Grogg