• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Touring car on sand?

danzul90

Has any one tried bashing a TC on sand?

I don't mean the soft sandy sand.... :whistling:

I mean the hard compacted stuff you get after the sea goes back out?

I am going to my parents for a couple of days and my dad and brother want to see the car in action. unfortunatly there is no where during the day clear enough to run it, and no where in the evening that is lit well enough.

So this was the only option i could think of, i have some mud/gravel type tyres, and will have access to an air compressor afterwards to clean the car up, but just wondered if any one has done this and if it was a success or not?

Many thanks, Dan.

I have some tyres which are very, very similar to those, ill post a pick if i can get my phone working properly.

I will try and stay nearer to the dryer edge where its still compacted but less wet, there are a few beach near by i can use that are pretty quiet.

In my experience with sand bashing both dry and wet I find that maintenance is your best friend and be sure to be thorough! Dog-bones/CVDs bearings/carriers out- drives etc will all need be rinsed and removed then soaked in wd40. But don't let this stop you from having a go, IMO sand is one of the best surfaces to be hooning about on.

Go have some fun! and report back with your findings.

Edited by Bicko

awesome, Thanks for the advise! its been nearly two months since i ran it as i have been waiting on new spur gear to arrive so i cant wait!

belt or shaft ? I wouldn't run belt driven cars on sand unless they are well sealed.

Shaft driven.

Do remember if you slack on the cleaning afterwards it will come back and bite you later on!

It will be blown off with air compressor when we get back to my dads and a quick clean with a tooth brush and WD40 which will hve to do till i get home the next day when it will be stripped, clean, greased and re-built! :thumbsup:

Happy days mate it sounds like your all set. It's not like car will suddenly implode with a bit of grit knocking about!! Keep er lit! :)