• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scrumpy's madforce brushless conversion

scrumpy jack

you dont need to slide the wires into the blue connectors before...solder wires into bullets..long nose pliers to push bullets into connector

the female sides seemed to have to go in back to front...the male side will go straight on. Should I be connecting the male end to the battery then I guess?

so managed to get the connector problem sorted...and it didn't go bang when I plugged it in, so that's a bonus  :xd: will have to have a rethink on the battery mounting strategy though, as these lipo's are rather large in girth, the extra weight of them is probably a good thing in the madforce though, as it may help the wheels stay on the ground...okay maybe not!!!

SAM_5378_zpsf41af017.jpg

• Like 1

looks great dude..

have you cut the batt tray and remounted the two halves spaced apart  ?

Not yet...because the battery mount wont be long enough for that lipo...did I mention it was big  ;)

Okay, day off work and misses and kids away, so thought I would have a big push and get this truck up to scratch. Next on my list is battery tray. I found an RPM savage skid plate in my tool box, which has some plastic bracket things on, which are the perfect hight to mount the tray on. So another hole drilled in the chassis and a few bolts and lock nuts makes it all good...

SAM_5382_zps7b579203.jpg

cool dude....by the way....get some hefty cap head steel bolts on that diff and motor mount....they torque will soon work those cross heads loose  :shockingscary:

Yep I have some, those one's have been holding pretty nicely though...on 3's maybe another matter on the 4's....

thats for when you fill your pants seeing it at full chat !

babywipes are ideal hand cleaners after a tinkering session/bash !

You really think she left me baby wipes?! seems the battery tray will fit the 8000mah after all (just) so sawn it in half and will mount it now  :thumbsup:

I should really be a Kyosho engineer with the level of bodge I can accomplish!! (maybe we could both apply for work Mr B!) Here is a battery tray of sorts..it holds the battery, so that's enough for me! Mr Barnet did originally make a few holes in it (about as many holes as you would find in Swiss cheese) so I was a little compromised on where I could place it  :xd:

SAM_5383_zpsbb5e0e8b.jpg

And with lipo in (obviously will be putting some straps over it as well...

SAM_5384_zps79f7d112.jpg

with the battery that far up front, it does feel a little nose heavy now, which will probably be great for quick off the line shennanigans, but may be a bit perculiar over jumps...could be fairly catastrophic  :xd:  will find out soon enough :)

nice tray !....you looking at getting some metal shocks sometime ? those may pop caps once you get rollin ! 

Er, they fell apart when I put the battery in  :xd:  been looking for decent shocks since I had it, no luck yet as essentially it uses rear big bore buggy shocks? So i have been looking for hyper etc. rear shocks..but 2 x sets..which seem to be pretty pricey! tried some MTA shocks-too short.

No way you can move the tray more central?

No way you can move the tray more central?

I really wanted to, but the spur is poking over the top of the chassis...and the chassis plate is so full of holes now and diff/motor mount screws in the way, it seemed logical the way I have done it (okay not very neat though!)