• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone been to Oxshott?

rctech132

Sorry it took so long but put a video together from the footage i got on sunday. Hope you like it :)

That is an awesome bash spot, I hope I get to attend one day.

Nicely edited too.

something had to go wrong at the very end....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DvvicwVy3g&feature=youtu.be

can anybody help out? That burst of throttle half way through wasnt me dont know what its doing

Edited by rctech132

Do you mean in the savage? I wont have that along yet as i don't have a Power Cap. I also still only have the one set of batteries as ive had a complete disaster with the soldering on the turnigy batts. I came close to losing it it was VERY frustrating.... Ill be sending them off to be soldered up....

Ill still be there with the trophy truggy though... or the savage xs... have to choose which one lol i only have 2 batteries!

Do you mean in the savage? I wont have that along yet as i don't have a Power Cap. I also still only have the one set of batteries as ive had a complete disaster with the soldering on the turnigy batts. I came close to losing it it was VERY frustrating.... Ill be sending them off to be soldered up....

Ill still be there with the trophy truggy though... or the savage xs... have to choose which one lol i only have 2 batteries!

What's the soldering issue?

Yup I'll be ordering a power cap on Monday a lot of people have been very helpful I was worried it was the esc or something! As fr the soldering Im just terrible at it and really don't want to ruin my batteries so I found someone in Guildford who said he can get them done for me :)

The forecast just said windy on my iphone. I reckon it'll be similar to today sunny with a few rain showers. Probably best to go in the morning as so far it's meant to be sunny in the morning.

And I've only got 2 lipos so ill only have around 20mins run time lol. My mate has a spare 2s he can't use which I use in the xs but guess what?!? The servo in the xs turns out that's broken! Really had just bad lick with the xs so far. I've only used the servo twice! So much for "ultra high torque steel gears"

Edited by rctech132

me and my mate are heading there around 10:30 to arrive at 11. He's got his savage flux and I'll bring my trophy truggy and the xs if I can be bothered to switch round the servo from my big savage

Hi

where exactly is this is it just off the round about near esher?

Has anyone got a link to a Google maps location?

Thanks

Edited by Baja 5b

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=oxshott+station&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari&ie=UTF-8&ei=kINuU7ijNMjmPNrrgYAJ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

When coming from the round about by the A3 heading toward oxshott station on the map you can see the large clearing in te woods there's a small car park on your right just before you get the the station

Edited by rctech132

We'll ill Try to be there by 11 but as I only have one set of batteries I'll only be running for 20mins rest of the time talking lol.