• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Pureten Alpha 4

danzul90

Hey folks.

I wonder if some one can help me,

i appreciate this is a pretty old car now but i have been given a box full of bits for one including the manual.

I have built it all up and got the engine running, but i think i may have a part of the clutch missing.

does any one know how many parts there are to the clutch and/ or how it fits together correctly?

The manual suggests that the engine is supplied with the clutch already fitted so isn't much help. and a quick Google search didn't help either.

Many thanks,

Danzul90

Thanks for that, looking at the first link i think i might have all the parts. (I will check in the morning)

However i am still not sure on how to fit it. There are about 3 options as to where the clutch sits against the engine. If that makes sense?

I had the alpha 3 and it was a 2 shoe set up with a spring around it like a traxxas clutch. I havent seen the alpha 4; tho but if you have the kyosho gx15 or 12 engine it should be the same.

IT might be my poor memory then . more likely a 3 in that case, sorry, its definatly the gx15 engine though.

sorry i have not posted the picture up yet, i have ended up working late the last few nights so will sort it out over the weekend.

As well as clarify the model.

Thanks.

Danzul90

OK, so, first of all, my apologies for begging for help and then dissapearing, work picked up quick and as i work away from home it can be a bit difficult to access a computer.

Secondly the car is actualy a 3 and not a 4 as i first thought, sorry again for the confusion.

And Thirdly, after having a fresh look at the car and all the parts, i DO actualy have all the nessesary parts for a working clutch!

Thanks to everyone for all there help, i promise to look a bit more carefully in future.

Thanks again,

Danzul90

Do you have the blue anodized alloy chassis and shocks with flur yellow springs long sport exhaust?

That would mean its a 3 but if you have.

Silver alloy chassis . Plastic shocks . Tiny little exhaust its a early model with gx15 upgrade.

Just so you know but their both the same car kyo just fitted afew of the pureten upgrades and called it new but they did look nice it was my first ever hobby rc I loved it. I brought 2 of them afew months back for

Oh yeah if you want a smoother car find out which bearings it needs on the diffs and mayb in the hubs and anywhere else that it uses bushings and head over to rcbearings.com theyll do them cheaper than anyone else and it would be well worth doing mayb

Thanks for all the info, its the blue onodized chassis, but the shocks are not the originals.

I will post pics in a day or two but the video will be a little while away yet as i still need a driveshaft, wheel nuts and washers and the rod that connects the throttle and servo.

it will be good to get it running as i currently have 3 cars now, two nitro touring and an electric short course truck. None of which work as im waiting for parts to arrive or pay day to order parts for them.

The kyosho used to be a mates, he said it was pretty rapid when he ran it but the bearing upgrade will be a must in the future.

Thanks.