• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Km Baja

Mini-man-dave

Had my km baja 002tx for 16months from rcmodelz and great bit of kit for the money . NEVER had any issues with rcmodelz , always helpful and normaly next day delivery . Id personaly go for a 002 over the 001 as the extras are worth it imo .

Ive fitted front and rear shock braces , rpm bumpers , fan brace , outwear covers , ddm fuel cap , alloy clutch carrier , clutch bell mod, hitec servos , killswitch .

You must set up endpoints and trims etc before use as i killed my servo in days lol . And use the best 2stroke oil to prolong engine life . Good luck

I personally wish I could have got the 002 as well, if I bought another it would be an 002B.

But I got a virtually brand new 001 for

Edited by Oh How Original

I ordered and got my KM002a just before Christmas,

The chap down in Rcmodelz was very helpful, I got it next day delivery too

Mrs P wouldnt ket me open it till Santa had been so had to wait,

Very happy with build quality, everything tight and locktighted up when I got it so I think their attention to detail has improved from older reviews.

Mine started no problems at all first time out,

Still only had two gentle tanks through it but I can feel it getting sweeter.

It is VERY noisy though!!

Fitted a kill switch and did the pullstart mesh mod & taped the tyre foams on Christmas day

Looking forward to it getting a bit drier outside so as I can go & terrorise the local golfcourse ;-)

Over all im very happy with its build, quality and the radio gear that came with it.. Also got a wee bag of spare, which im GONNA need!! Lol

Cheers

Gc

Think I'm now definitely sold on the KM. Gonna order mine tomorrow, my kill switch from Jolly Roger has arrived now... Just need the car lol.

Yeh just want something a bit less raw . I get used to it but it is LOUD and fancied a change plus with a pipe coming out the center rear its less likely to damage in a roll and wont melt the shock socks lol

The clone Dom is probably the best shaped rear exit pipe for protection, realistically you'd have to have a pretty hard or very unlucky rear landing to actually damage it, definitely better to be cautious though.

If I was you I'd just go with a stock can, cheap as chips as well, I have given several of them away in the past, I imagine if you put up a wanted ad you'd find one cheap.

You could also sell the Dom clone and probably make back about

I used to think my dom clone was too loud, but you do get used to it pretty quickly.

If you were to run a stock can after running the dom, you'll realise how much power you'll be losing and put the clone back on and put up with the noise.

I used to think my dom clone was too loud, but you do get used to it pretty quickly.

If you were to run a stock can after running the dom, you'll realise how much power you'll be losing and put the clone back on and put up with the noise.

I agree, most people don't want loud pipes because of lots of complaining neighbours lol, but to remove one just because you're not used to it does seem a bit of a waste of the pipe.

Mines got an RCR pullstart on it, it barely comes out at all, can't quite decide if I actually prefer it or not though, time will tell after more bashing has been done.

Likewise, I won it at bashfest.Only snapped it once so far, For me that isn't bad lol

Can't say it's bad though a Killer sss is going on soon.

Likewise, I won it at bashfest.Only snapped it once so far, For me that isn't bad lol

Can't say it's bad though a Killer sss is going on soon.

Never been a fan of the Killer one, I prefer the cord to snap rather than something more serious if theirs a problem lol.

Not managed to snap mine yet, first time I pulled it, I did nearly break my fingers on it though :lol: didn't have a clue it was so short.

The hypers are perfectly justified purchases as they are not only easier to store but are easier to take to bash's, cheaper to run and by that when/if you break and upgrade bits 1/5 scale is another world and are generally less likely to get complaints if you use it in a public place.

That being said I own two bajas I will never buy a nitro again. The baja's once at a nice tune hold it for as long as you own the car and they never fail to start unless a part is actually damaged or faulty. Spend the money on a KM dude they are brilliant. But be aware the spending doesn't stop there you will need a few extra little bits in order to get your car fully ready to bash. PM me if you want some help :)

Thanks m8 you have coved just about every thought for and against that I had come up with :)

I really could do with finding somebody nr with one or both of my options so I can get a better idea if sound and practicality

I live in a small village surrounded by farms and noise seems to be very farm or 2stroke engine (tractor, mower, chain saw, strimmer) but also some louder 2stroke which I will guess is motoX bike or possible 1:5 RC ????

The overall size might be the down side as I don't think we could put them in the boot with the dogs and go to the beach etc

Rob

Thanks m8 you have coved just about every thought for and against that I had come up with :)

I really could do with finding somebody nr with one or both of my options so I can get a better idea if sound and practicality

I live in a small village surrounded by farms and noise seems to be very farm or 2stroke engine (tractor, mower, chain saw, strimmer) but also some louder 2stroke which I will guess is motoX bike or possible 1:5 RC ????

The overall size might be the down side as I don't think we could put them in the boot with the dogs and go to the beach etc

Rob

Just give yourself around