• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Budget-Maxx.

Tug

• 4 weeks later...

Ooooh. Sexy.( Not You :tease: ) You gonna be going for 6s then?

You keeping 32dp gears or is there more options with MOD 1?

Would like to switch to mod 1, but can't find the spurs I need, don't think they're made big enough.

I'm thinking 4s, with the occasional bout of 5. ;)

He's big can mad, I tell thee!!

You know it makes sense! ;)

20140115_183639.jpg

Mechanics are finished, soldering now.

Thats a big pinny there, whats the count?

I got up to a 24 with mine but would have to get bigger from the states.  Personally I think it could take 26/56 maybe even a 54 spur. Thats only on 4s

Its gonna get silly. 

All done, quick run out in the street and all seems OK. 84 Amp peak and temps nice and cool.

Speeds weren't overly fast, but on wet tarmac and with a centre Diff, she was spinning a lot of power away through the front wheels.

Roll on summer!

Thats a big pinny there, whats the count?

I got up to a 24 with mine but would have to get bigger from the states. Personally I think it could take 26/56 maybe even a 54 spur. Thats only on 4s

Its gonna get silly.

I'm on 28/65, don't think I can use a smaller spur.

What part number spur are you using?

Couldnt tell you off hand but its a T maxx 56 spur. It is the limit as far as clearence goes without me finding a bigger pinny. My motor is resting on the tranny.

Edited by b19jas

Couldnt tell you off hand but its a T maxx 56 spur. It is the limit as far as clearence goes without me finding a bigger pinny. My motor is resting on the tranny.

And it's definitely mod 1?

Doh. Nope. 32dp. Stock traxxas stuff.

That explains it!

Just had a dig through my parts and found a 56 tooth spur. Thats now fitted, so she's now on 28/56! I'll try it out ASAP, but not tonight, it's getting late. If it's too much, I'll go back to the 65, at least with the 65 I've got more pinion options.

Edited by Tug

Will have to let me know the outcome. I am just a little scared due to my little ole 120a esc. Waiting for the genie.

I don't think you need worry about that. That's another advantage of low kv motors, they tend to draw less current. I had my ammeter on mine earlier and it only peaked at 84 amps! That won't stress your 120 Amp ESC.

I'll GPS it soon.

You know its been racking my brain why I couldn't see an esc on your maxx and just realised where it is :030:

Yeah, by chance the mounting holes are the same measurement as a servo, so I moved it to the gear shift position when I was changing the battery configuration.

I've ordered the RPM bulks for this, I've grown tired of the screws backing out or just being a nightmare to get out if I use red threadlock.

If a screw backs out part way, it gets slammed in the next time you do a jump. This damages the thread in the bulk.

If I use red threadlock, I have to use a blowtorch to get them out. This makes field repairs a no no.

These reasons make the RPM bulks look like they've been well thought out.

Pics and thoughts when they arrive. I'm confident they'll be better than stock, with the strength of the ally bulks that have served me well on the whole.

Mine has rpm bulks as you know.They fit very well and look impressive and you can tell they are way more flexible than the brittle stock traxxas ones.Mine are bolted to the chassi but I need the diffs but have no money until payday.I like the way you mounted the esc.Its the first one I have seen mounted there.

Mine has rpm bulks as you know.They fit very well and look impressive and you can tell they are way more flexible than the brittle stock traxxas ones.Mine are bolted to the chassi but I need the diffs but have no money until payday.I like the way you mounted the esc.Its the first one I have seen mounted there.

To be fair, I don't bash my trucks too hard, I drive them hard, but keep the jumps sensible. So the RPM bulks should serve me perfectly.

Can't wait to see yours finished, it's been a long wait! We want lots of pics and vids!

I tryed the photobucket thing but still couldn't work it out.I dont udrstand this paste and link and URL stuff.Give me a motorbike and I will build it from parts but my brain isn't a computer understanding one lol.I see in another thread your revo is covered in Trent park mud.I dont live to far from there so if you guys go there in the summer I could bring my maxx along.

I tryed the photobucket thing but still couldn't work it out.I dont udrstand this paste and link and URL stuff.Give me a motorbike and I will build it from parts but my brain isn't a computer understanding one lol.I see in another thread your revo is covered in Trent park mud.I dont live to far from there so if you guys go there in the summer I could bring my maxx along.

It's easy, go to photobucket, choose a pic, in the top right hand corner is a cog, click it, a menu will drop down, click IMG, it'll say "copied", go back to forum, choose thread you want to post pic in, right click in thread, left click on "paste" and voila! Your pic will appear.

Trent Park is great, can't wait to go back there! Bring it on! ;)