• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Budget-Maxx.

Tug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not really, I just keep a stock of 3mm screws in various lengths and head types. Shortest are probably 9mm countersunk, longest 25mm countersunk. Quite a few different sizes in the two main types, countersunk and cap head.

That probably hasn't helped much, but I tend to use what I see fit for the job, binning button heads where possible in favour of caps if I can get away with it.

• 1 month later...

My bad,never did draw up that list.

Here goes, all in 3mm diameter;

Cap head; 9, 12, 16, 20 & 25mm.

Countersunk; 6, 9, 12, 16, 20 & 25mm.

You may not use them all, but I do. I chop and change things, so a multitude of different screws helps. I don't buy button head screws because they round out too easily.

I keep a few 30 and 35mm screws too, but they're only for the occasional special application.

Hope this helps. If you want part numbers, I can do that in the morning. Don't buy the shiny stuff, they're softer. You want the black 12.9 grade.

They're called Orbitals, I can order for you or you open an account.

:)

• Like 1

I change certain bolts regularly, the bolts that hold the skid plates on are easily damaged and so get changed a lot. That's the problem with an old design, if the bolts were recessed like on the ERBE, the problem wouldn't exist. This could be sorted once and for all if someone like T-bone or RPM would mould skid plates that were thick enough to recess the screws.

• Like 1

I suppose it comes down to how much you use it.

I've become a bit of a 'shelfer' in the last 6 months since the house move, so S/Steel on low stress areas might be a consideration.

As Tug says, NEVER skid plates - PIA removing sometimes, so stronger the better.

Al.