• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How do Tamiya do it/get away with it?

300bhp/ton

I think I need to buy a CC01 just so I have something to fit a set of those metal axles with disk brakes to!

Go for it mate, You will enjoy every single bit of it.

Shall I go for tinted windows as its shown on the box or go for transparent (clear) windows on my Unimog folks?

Tamia are a well known brand to Joe blogs.if you mentioned losi or ho bao to them they wouldn't know what your talking about.modelzone as far as I'm aware don't stock proper nitro or petrol models so unless your into the hobby daddy is going to pop down modelzone and buy his son a tamiya

Edited by prussian.guard

Sadly, daddy won't be popping down Modelzone any longer, seeing as how they closed a few months back......

Modelzone is a scale model brand owned by British retailer WHSmith, under which scale models and related products are sold in selected WHSmith stores and online. Wikipedia

Go for it mate, You will enjoy every single bit of it.

I'm holding of until I've got a couple other non-RC projects finished, otherwise they're never going to get done!

Hi Chewbacca yes it is a Tamiya Bullhead not finished yet lots more modding and fiddling to go yet!

A finished RC is a waste of spares! No RC should ever be "finished"  :thumbsup:

@ big gaz and Noj thanks guys. The wheelbase is 12 and a half inches as opposed to the standard 10 and a half.

For anyone interested I have an in depth build thread on clodtalk.com its in the "Clodbuster and all other motor on axle trucks" forum. Entitled " ? inch wheelbase BULLHEAD build aka Valhalla".

Not figured out how to do links yet hopefully you can find it lol.

• Like 1

I tried to get on modelslzone but couldnt just kept going to whsmith. My friend says the mz is still open in Basingstoke tho that shop is a good size and they stock thunder tiger too. Nitro.

I tried to get on modelslzone but couldnt just kept going to whsmith. My friend says the mz is still open in Basingstoke tho that shop is a good size and they stock thunder tiger too. Nitro.

ModelZone went bust, there are now a few stores within whsmiths branches but they don't stock much, certainly no nitro in the metrocentre store.