• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Smash's hyper sste truggy

smash

Diffs sorted, everything is much better, handling is way more dialled and throttle response is more linear as a result of the improved rear wheel power. Managed to crack the shell in two places, not badly but enough for it to be considered an issue just like it is on the st4 and mt4, it's cracked at the body post holes..

Gonna reinforce with extra black gorilla tape and foam to ease the stress on roof landings..

It's surprisingly nimble Tbf, I run a similar set up in my thunder tiger st4.

Of course it's all subjective and I wouldn't have a clue what kind of set up is suitable for racing as I'm merely a basher..

Trial and error is the best way I've found, I run 500k up front in the st4..

Thanks for that will give your setup a go have terrible ballooning on the front

no probs it will definitely cut the ballooning down to a manageable level..

Had an interesting and fun session at the skate park today, broke some bits but nothing outrageous, snapped the wing, both tbone bumpers and the rear brace I made, I've ordered some 2mm thicker tubing to make brace 2.0 ;)

She shifts very nicely now with the badlands on her so I'm gonna sell the stock treads and wheels.. And try some big Joe mk2 out.. ;)

Pics of the broke stuff..

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Utter carnage, good job, you're bashing the right way haha :thumbsup:

well just got a mail from tbone and they're honoring the warranty so thats a good start to the repair job, new wing is on and I found a used set of badlands on ebay today so I don't have to fork 70 quid on a new wheelset.
  • Like 1

Yeah same running gear apart from the badlands, temps are Cool at the moment as it's been pretty chilly here and the cans pretty low kv at 1900.

Tbf though I haven't really been charging it around in a straight line yet so I'll need to get down the beach soon and see exactly where the land lies after some wot runs and full packs..

• 3 weeks later...

How's this going Smash? I'm thinking about a truggy next for my collection!

it's going good mate, I did manage to give it a bit of a kicking down the skate park but it's all good and the only real damage was a pair of tbones and a brace that I made.

I've since remade the brace and touch wood haven't broken it again as it's got a 2mm thicker wall than the originals, gonna be slapping some 5s juice through it when the weather improves..

As a pure straight up basher then it's the st4 all the way, it's beefier in almost every conceivable way, but the sste is way lighter and handles imho a bit better..

• Like 1

• 10 months later...