• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight - motor & esc

Sheilstar12

hey guys, i made this new topic because i was wondering what are the best motors and esc's out there for the m8. i have nearly got all the losi upgrades and have already burnt out my hk 35a esc. its time for my m8 to have a new motor and esc.

i was thinking of putting a traxxas velineon motor but not sure of the esc. 

The 60a esc should work fine in the m8, not too sure why your 35a failed to be honest if your using stock motor the 35 should handle the motor easily if it has good air flow to keep it nice and cool. I have an emb that uses a 4 pole motor that I have been impressed with if your only going to use 2s I would recommend that one.

Si

Looking for advise

Been given carisma 5700kv motor I want to put in my losi have 35a turnigy 35a esc and run 2cell lipo

Will it work ok and what gearing do you recommend

Thanks

Edited by Ian S

Yes that will be fine in the m8 with that esc, gearing is worth keeping standard to give it a try out then go from there see what the temps are like and performance, the carisma motors are just a higher kv version of the stock losi motor made for the team drivers and the 5700 from what I believe was a popular choice, could be worth dropping a couple of teeth size on the pinion if you don't like it on stock and also depends on if your racing or bashing if you want to change the spur.

Thanks for info silon74

Will use for racing

I don't have temp gauge so do you think it would be best to drop spur or pinion first

if it thermals or gets to hot may have to get temp gauge but to now with stock motor have not needed

The stock esc will thermal at 190 , the 60t spur and maybe a 14t pinion might be worth a try but it also depends on the track and the length of the straights, the stock motor on tracks people run up to 18t pinion on 60 spur, stock pinion is 16t that might be abit high for the 5700kv but could be worth a try and keep an eye on temps, I would be tempted to give the stock gearing a go and keep the temps checked, it might run too hot with the 16t but then you can go from there and try the lower pinion and different spur

Thanks great help

Will try stock then if to hot go 14 pinion still no good 60 spur

Is stock spur 58

Do you have any Idea where I can thermal for my esc

Edited by Ian S