• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

thunder revo from the beginning.

RCbutcher

same here andy the raptor svt also i wonder if that can enclose the side pipe. i sat the ford shell on this to see but its dfrilled for a savage so i wont be using it but that defo has the space to hide a side pipe its huge. but not long enough savi 25 fit or 2.5 revo.

20140621_203948_zpsez6mdkwi.jpg

I prefer a side pipe, but that will mean hacking a perfectly good body.

With you preferring a rear pipe it might be easier to for a raptor body, just a bit of raising.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I like the ultimate basher tank mod. Makes a big difference not stopping for a pit stop. I am easily getting 15 minutes, and i am running mostly flat out.

I have read about mid tank lean with the big tank, but i did not notice anything untoward, 

I am going to leave the slipper and drive shafts, If the give up then i will upgrade them.

I am considering a new shell, your old one still works, but it is 30% gaffer tape now.  To change the air flow, and keep the engine warm.

ANDY

Is that with the ofna one 7 250cc fuel tank installed?

I've got a picco coming to replace the dynamite .19 I used to use.

Might take the revo out but it depends if I pass my test on Tuesday.

Thanks

I know you can still get them. But they are made from a thin and potentially brittle plastic. Take the revo tank, thick material and solid in construction. Just would like more capacity.

I know you can still get them. But they are made from a thin and potentially brittle plastic. Take the revo tank, thick material and solid in construction. Just would like more capacity.

I've been running one for a few years seems strong enough but fair enough.

The revo tank is much easier to re-full to be fair so the advantage of the 90cc great capacity is kind of negated.

Thanks

• Like 1

Definitely a bargain if its seen fuel it could be the guy gave up on trying to get it going that's how I got mine it took me afew months to finally get it to start. I took out the needles and the hsn had a flake of metal right on the tip. Size of a glitter flake flushed the carb and its been sweet.

I saw a revo the other day with a buggy fuel tank mugen mayb but it was fitted right in the centre of the wheel base idk what cc it is tho but looked as thick as the revo one. I cant remember how I got it to come up now it was to do with that ultra lightweight one sub7 or something. With the 250cc tank could you make up a tank gaurd. Its strange nobody made a twin tank mod probably wouldn't work but a smaller 1/10 tank could fit where the spare servo slot is but presures would be different and silly long fuel lines lol.

Think that fuel tank is from a mugen mbx5t, I used to use on with a cen fun factor radio box in a mid-tanked savage. No longer though as the mugen tank is 125cc, bit to small in my opinion especially when it's being drained my an lrp zr.32  :xd: .

5-8 mins per tank was annoying, 250cc goes for 16 ish mins with an lrp.

Btw rc butcher go for the z.28r spec 3 it's the best lrp suited to the revo since it has about 4k revs over the .30 and .32. 

Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yeah mate lrp 28 is the one I want, every time I think right ill buy one I have doubts and think of something else to buy. Only because the picco is still so good tho.

I need to hurry up and either sell that or bolt it back in and run it lol. Just don't have much umph to just go bash it's pretty boring alone and on a field tbh. But I'm always hoping to bump into someone who uses them so ill keep with it.

I do like tinkering more than bashing tho for sure.

I decided to put my red countersunk washers and ti screws on my roll cage yesterday and failed 3 screws stripped badly way too much locktite.

So today I got some ti drill bits and drilled them out it turned out good tho thankfully minimal scratches from trying to saw a slot in them.

I do wish I hadn't botherd tho lol.

Apart from that the revo hasn't been touched since my last posts. Not good eh.

I'm doing up an fg monster tho.

Ive got the cage back together now. Im starting to get bored of the shell tho. ide like a more clean look i think. mayb just a nice paint with red.

20141001_155902_zpsww8ms0fq.jpg

Once the park is finished ill take it down but its fenced off atm bcos the leasure centres being rebuilt.

The red washers are a nice touch but its not enough i want more alloy re red on it. i wish i saw the red new ear mount first too.

Anyone know what other little red touches i can put on. mayb red nuts and hexs to start.

20141001_160036_zpskbazip7u.jpg

Ive put it away again for now so thought ide reup some new pics cos they keep going awol on here lol. ill update with a pic of it next to the fg monster when that's rebuilt.

side by side tho the revo isn't that much smaller. its strange except the fg diff is the size of the revos whole gearbox lol. but overall length and track isnt a great deal different.

• Like 1

oh yeah my biggest gripe with this shell is the shoo goo on the windows ( wish i masked them now) it wont come off now.

Im wondering if i just cut the side windows out how much weaker it'll be or if itll still hold up cos the cage. plus shoo goo.

i would mesh the windows somehow or put red criss cross netts in what do you other revo owners think.

ps. Theres a fairly decent revo in the sales if he lowers the price to