• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Advise for getting into a micro class

Rocha1305

I have the alloy shocks but I think the front end is a little to hard even with the adjustment ring in softest position, I'd rather have softer springs because as they are iv got no room for adjustment

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well at the start of 'shock-gate', I'd ordered some LC racing alu shocks. Finally come today, gonna do the fit tonight. Looks like I'll be using the exploded diagram from the manual.

Wish me luck

There straight foward builds are shocks, it might look fidly but there ok.

As for springs you could try the progressive ones from thetoyz.com for the mini 8

Shock fit went fine, nps. Thanks all. I have much more confidence in the front set now :)

Next...

As I bought the RTR, I don't get the significance of some of the build (in terms of meaningful output.) Case in point....the slipper.

I know it's there, I know it has something to do with delivering the full/partial rotational power from the motor (indirectly via gears ofc).

But what will it do & what are the pitfalls?

I guess it can be adjusted, for torque-type effect perhaps??

Any advice is appreciated before I go in & do summat silly!

Edited by Rocha1305

Take a look at this it might just be what your looking to find out and easier than writing a big page lol

http://www.horizonhobby.com/article/2075-how-to-set-your-slipper-clutch

Si

Nice 1. Might tinker after Wed nights racing, this weeks race is to test out my new front shocks.

Shocks worked great! It's given me a little more confidence now to start pushing a a little more.

Hence next...

We have ramps at our race night, so can get some 'air'. Still getting used to the effects of throttle & neutral in mid-air, will take some practice I'm sure.

But here's a Q: I think my wing angle is slightly too inclined at the rear. I think this is why the cars nose is rising on throttle off the ramp (early to mid-air). Will a more flat / horizontal wing help keep the car flatter through early stages off a ramp? Is it more natural to have a flatter wing anyway, or is there summat I'm missing?

Edited by Rocha1305

I've finally ordered a shell....the Phat bodies Kaboom one. Been donated a front tower mounting post too. Paint & decals next.

Any1 recommend good decal links? Or advice?

Received, prep'd, painted, fitted:

What you reckon?

I used a pearlescent white (for a little sparkle behind the white section) but I must have fingered it a little. Cos when I put on my backing colour a black smudge came through :(

Enjoyed it though as a 1st effort :D