• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FG Upgrades

umeshg

Ebay for me.

BE CAREFUL - look closely at the quality of the parts, and use Hobbythek (RC-online) as a reference for price - never go over.

Kill switch first.

Alloy - big and small - engine mounts.

Alloy diff mount.

Strengthen the servo / radio tray.

Rest is generally bling. Many don't have problems with the plastic 'uprights' front and rear - mine are both alloy.

FG alloy 'quality' is amazing. Some sellers don't realise what they're selling, and when you get the part and get the Brasso on it, its literally like new!!

Al.

Back in the good old days, there were many people making upgrade alloy parts for the FG line (on road and off road). Krikke and pitstop in Holland along with KP Designs and MR racing in the UK - not to mention that Elcon stated out making parts to suit the FG cars and Lauterbacher also had some upgrade parts too.

I've seen and read about some awful quality parts from China so be wary of them - if you know they're from a good source then fine but cheap isn't always best. Hobbythek/RC-car-online are probably the best source of new FG parts due to the stock they carry and the delivery service, you can also look on the FG shop site - both the Hobbythek and FG Modellsport web sites have full exploded diagrams of all the cars and a simple email to either will give you the answer if you're unsure of a part or if it will fit your car.