• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*before you say i know its been asked a million times* looking at making a very bashworthy, capable micro

Matt B

like it says, i'm looking at making a micro as bash worthy as i can, and im not sure what would be the absolute toughest. i know the mlst isnt bashworty, and i know the rc18t is good, and ive owned a mini inferno and i didn't find that to be any good, so where should i turn? as i like the rc18 and minizilla, but are there any other 'dark horses' that ive not thought of?

Thanks a bunch!

SB

but then i dont want the diff problems of the mlst.

sean, do you get blaze spares and hopups from dms, or is there somewhere else too? as if i got the blaze, i would get the arr version, along with a mamba. it would then work out cheaper than a rc18, but this car is going to be a basher/thrasher car though, and not a racer. also are the stock diff's weak on the blaze? as there supposed to be on the roxster.

thanks!

SB

but then i dont want the diff problems of the mlst.

sean, do you get blaze spares and hopups from dms, or is there somewhere else too? as if i got the blaze, i would get the arr version, along with a mamba. it would then work out cheaper than a rc18, but this car is going to be a basher/thrasher car though, and not a racer. also are the stock diff's weak on the blaze? as there supposed to be on the roxster.

thanks!

SB

You do relize the mamba won't just drop in, it require a little bit of modification. Check this thread

You do relize the mamba won't just drop in, it require a little bit of modification. Check this thread

:helpsmilie: i dont want to be doing all that malarke(sp?) even if the 18t isnt as tough etc. anyway what prob's did you have with the 18t? as i cant really be bothered with home mods (i'd more than likely screw it all up!)

:helpsmilie: i dont want to be doing all that malarke(sp?) even if the 18t isnt as tough etc. anyway what prob's did you have with the 18t? as i cant really be bothered with home mods (i'd more than likely screw it all up!)

Servo saver is a peice of [CENSORED], I tried an alloy and carbon fibre steering set-up and it was never as good as it should be, and you need MIP diffs and CVD's if your going for the mamba. It just never seemed to want to work well with me, although other people do love them.

Although that is only with a mamba set up, if you go for the blaze you simply have to buy a 400 bl motor and you'll be fine.

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

hmmmm.... as in the servo saver on the servo or the arm coming from the servo horn? if its the arm from the horn, then was it because it was sloppy? as i know how to fix that :)

All of it was just slopy, tighten it to much and the servo wouldn't work properly, make it looser and you just get slop.

Mini Zilla, i have one and it is really bash worthy, i jumped my stairs with it and only sheared a cvd and broke bulkhead after 7-9 times everytime i hit the wall lol, parts are cheap and hop-ups and good strong and i love mine to bits, and bach the hell out of it :good::good::good:

i recomend it :)

Shame parts have to be inported from hongkong, but cheap, and arive in around 3 days from stella models

i dropped a hyperion 6000kv straight into my blaze they are simlar price to the mamba and bigger some more torque i ran this in the stock ARTR car for a week or so while i waited for my ball diffs and aluminum drive shafts i ordered these at the same time as car assuming under brushless id need then but seem i might not have needed them after all at least not straight away as for spare i probably will use dms all though i havent broke it yet