• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OUTDOOR RC Venue in Cornwall - Come build the track

MattyV6

This would be good fun. Only a few miles down the road from me to. But the initial start up cost is going to be a lot though

It's not going to cost me anything except the tubing for the boundaries of the track. I'm not buying any timing equipment, if a club wants to get involved then they would have to bring their own but once its built i would love to have a monthly summer race meet.

I'm going to build this myself so wont cost me anything. I have a digger / jcb so its basically just shifting earth around tbh.

Your more than welcome to come down and race dude, this is the whole idea for me building it. I want to relive some of my youth and have some fun with other people who race. 

If people want to come down each week, say a Thursday eve and have a bit of fun against each other then i would love that, it would be brilliant!!

I could even run power down to that part of the field and put a few spot lights up for some evening racing if its starts getting dark??

Edited by MattyV6

This is something that looks pretty good, its from the European championships in Finland.

This is the kind of thing that im going for and is the closest to how i want it to look so far, although im no expert but this looks like a pretty decent setup?

track.jpg

The ramps i can build out of the soil or i could construct wood ones like these??

Also if i kept the grass in between i wouldn't really need the tubing to mark out the track, as you can see above its easy to see without it.

I wouldn't mind just copying the picture above?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this layout of track??

Edited by MattyV6

all the tracks are fine,but there for 1/8th.a 1/10th cant really handle a 1/8th track{1/10 beening lighter jump to high on 1/8th track and end up breaking},so decide what class you want to race,the best way to figure what you want from a track would be get a car and vist the tracks in your area and then build a track,with the features you like and any you seen on photos,after all it your baby and your going to be doing the work,also if your doing a track as large as the ones in the picutres you shown,your need people to marshell,it aint much of a race if you got to keep getting off the rostrum to turn your car over,and the track s you shown are large,so would need at least 4 to 5 marshels,so at least 10 down for a meeting.go down johnny track,meet the racers in the area.tbh if you got a loop for the timing system,then the people could bring the timing pc and software and you could hold races,but the racer in the area will need the timing equiment or they wont be down much,if you want to set up a local bashing group then you might have more response from people on this forum,after all if you build a track that good,it be a shame if not used.all the best on your build. https://www.facebook.com/groups/116496098372181/  ,one of the local clubs.the guy with the timing equiment,https://www.facebook.com/nimrif.proprietor?hc_location=stream ,

Edited by mugen mark

all the tracks are fine,but there for 1/8th.a 1/10th cant really handle a 1/8th track{1/10 beening lighter jump to high on 1/8th track and end up breaking},so decide what class you want to race,the best way to figure what you want from a track would be get a car and vist the tracks in your area and then build a track,with the features you like and any you seen on photos,after all it your baby and your going to be doing the work,also if your doing a track as large as the ones in the picutres you shown,your need people to marshell,it aint much of a race if you got to keep getting off the rostrum to turn your car over,and the track s you shown are large,so would need at least 4 to 5 marshels,so at least 10 down for a meeting.go down johnny track,meet the racers in the area.tbh if you got a loop for the timing system,then the people could bring the timing pc and software and you could hold races,but the racer in the area will need the timing equiment or they wont be down much,if you want to set up a local bashing group then you might have more response from people on this forum,after all if you build a track that good,it be a shame if not used.all the best on your build. https://www.facebook.com/groups/116496098372181/  ,one of the local clubs.the guy with the timing equiment,https://www.facebook.com/nimrif.proprietor?hc_location=stream ,

Thank you so much for explaining a few things, it makes a lot more sense now. I'm planning on going down and having a look at a couple of local clubs to get a better idea on things and the track layout.

This basically has started as a bit of fun so i can relive some of my racing days but i'm serious on a proper build now so i'm researching everything. I would love to get a few people down to race. It will like most things start as a few people but fingers crossed grow into a good monthly meet. Marshals will be needed if this is going to work, i really hope this can work.

My cousin is a scaffolder by trade and ive spoken to him and he has said he will come down and build a proper rostrum for me. Its all starting to come together slowly although i'm fully aware its miles from completion, i cant wait though lol.

If you had a choice, what would you go for 1/8th or 1/10th? Whats more popular in terms of race meetings?

Thanks for your advice its very helpful :)

Edited by MattyV6

Thank you so much for explaining a few things, it makes a lot more sense now. I'm planning on going down and having a look at a couple of local clubs to get a better idea on things and the track layout.

This basically has started as a bit of fun so i can relive some of my racing days but i'm serious on a proper build now so i'm researching everything. I would love to get a few people down to race. It will like most things start as a few people but fingers crossed grow into a good monthly meet. Marshals will be needed if this is going to work, i really hope this can work.

My cousin is a scaffolder by trade and ive spoken to him and he has said he will come down and build a proper rostrum for me. Its all starting to come together slowly although i'm fully aware its miles from completion, i cant wait though lol.

If you had a choice, what would you go for 1/8th or 1/10th? Whats more popular in terms of race meetings?

Thanks for your advice its very helpful :)

If your free this Sunday Plymouth RC track have there Louise series round 6 final with the sponsors of the series and there sponsored and team drivers coming down to race. Should be a very good day and very competitive. Plymouth track is not as fast as Perranporth but it's very technical with a lot of tight turns and ruts. Which makes it interesting

• Like 1

If your free this Sunday Plymouth RC track have there Louise series round 6 final with the sponsors of the series and there sponsored and team drivers coming down to race. Should be a very good day and very competitive. Plymouth track is not as fast as Perranporth but it's very technical with a lot of tight turns and ruts. Which makes it interesting

Sorry dude i hadnt realised i had a reply. Unfortunately im not about this weekend im back in Watford at the moment until next week but i'll pop down when i'm back down. I'm back down permanently in 3 weeks though :).

Once i'm sorted with a car i wouldn't mind giving the track a race? Do i need to sign up or become a member of the club?

Sorry dude i hadnt realised i had a reply. Unfortunately im not about this weekend im back in Watford at the moment until next week but i'll pop down when i'm back down. I'm back down permanently in 3 weeks though :).

Once i'm sorted with a car i wouldn't mind giving the track a race? Do i need to sign up or become a member of the club?

It's

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

This sounds like a brilliant project! I've been thinking of getting into racing next year with my 1:8 buggy and this track would be closer to me (Lostwithiel) than any other club that caters for 1:8 off road, if you decide to build it for 1:8 of course, so I would definately be interested!

• 2 months later...