• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Overheating Engine

craigk37

I ran into a few problems this weekend, i have just fitted some proline trencher x on my savage 4.6 and found my engine was reaching over 300of, tried to richen it up a bit but then it wont hit second gear.. is this normal as the wheels are larger?

i am also recently having problems with my OWB slipping, i have noticed alot of fuel/oil on my pullstart after just one run which i think maybe causing it to slip, first thought maybe backplate leaking? this was happening before the wheels btw.

Thanks

It's easy to change gearing...

You can either fit a clutch bell with a tooth lower, or go for a spur gear that's a bit larger. Depends what gearing you have now. Considering the cost of a set of Trenchers, and how good they look fitted...I think it's worth sticking with them. Especially with winter coming :)

As far as the OWB goes, could be time to replace it. They don;t last all that long thanks to the Rotostart system. When you replace it, you can press out hte centre section and replace just that for a couple of

It's easy to change gearing...

You can either fit a clutch bell with a tooth lower, or go for a spur gear that's a bit larger. Depends what gearing you have now. Considering the cost of a set of Trenchers, and how good they look fitted...I think it's worth sticking with them. Especially with winter coming :)

As far as the OWB goes, could be time to replace it. They don;t last all that long thanks to the Rotostart system. When you replace it, you can press out hte centre section and replace just that for a couple of

Definitely easiest to go lower tooth on the clutch bell much better than getting rid of those nice tires. I went with badlands haven't really used it a great deal yet I think my highest reading was 180c or F after a full tank.

Proline have new tires coning out inc big Joe 2s and sone others I forgot smash or something both look great with the new rim design. But heavier than the trencher im sure.

Out of interest what does a trencher weigh?

Definitely easiest to go lower tooth on the clutch bell much better than getting rid of those nice tires. I went with badlands haven't really used it a great deal yet I think my highest reading was 180c or F after a full tank.

Proline have new tires coning out inc big Joe 2s and sone others I forgot smash or something both look great with the new rim design. But heavier than the trencher im sure.

Out of interest what does a trencher weigh?

A lot! I think my Trencher Xs are about 260 grams mounted, each!

My current gearing is 17/49. Not sure what would be best to change (hopefully CB).

I have taken out the blue shock springs and left what looks like the stock black ones on, don't know why he had 2 sets on each shock.

P.s does it look like I might have a leak? This was jut after a couple of tanks straight after engine was clean.

image_zpsf5db325b.jpg

Edited by craigk37