• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what type of servos would you recommend

Snwy

hi all

I'm trying to get back into RC Rally an rc cars in general and can already see loads has changed since I got my first car.

I have seen a couple of servos which I like the look of one is

high speed

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-high-speed-/rc-car-products/359785

and the other is high torque

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/359784

and I was wondering which would be best for rally steering servo or if anyone could suggest a decent steering servo?

I run these servos in pretty much all my rc cars they work great and so far have been holding up well, I prefer the higher torque ones myself I run these in all four of my rally cars. Also what car will it be going in? Do you also need it to be waterproof?

Edited by KarlP

I'm looking at putting the servos in the Tamiya TT-01E and also in the Tamiya XV-01 hopefully both of these will work well for rallying.

As for waterproof yeah I would like them to be preferably but if not then I can waterproof them myself which will hopefully work.

Tonysmini do you use the high speed for ur steering if so does the car handle an turn well?

waterproofing wise i just opened it up and put a bit of grease around the wires, then where the case splits and around the spline when the servo horn goes on. its been submerged for ages and still works a treat

• Like 1