• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Will's Rally Mini

will16

Hey MSUK!  I always wanted a rally car, and have been looking out for one.  I went for an M03 Mini.  I was looking on eBay and one came up in Reading.  I won it for

Edited by will16

nice man always wanted a mini my self :thumbsup:

is it fwd?

Get one! They are so much fun!

Have a look at my topic m8 it shows you how to convert it and any other questions feel free to mp me.

Thanks. I was reading you thread before I bought one. Very helpful :)

Nice little result with that mini, I am tempted to do the old indoor one I have here just seems a shame to use it outside lol how's the ground clearance ?

Thanks. It's pretty low, probably about 1/2 inch. But you can put TL01 suspension arms and longer shocks to raise it. Edited by will16

Nice Mini - are you going to put some rally-block tyres on those rims?

Thanks! Yep, should be getting some rally blocks soon!

Not done a lot more, had fun running it really rather than working on it. I raised the body to give it better clearance on jumps. I swapped out the ESC and motor for a HPI 15T unit. Little faster than the 13T Double, but the ESC doesn't give up after 10 mins of heat! I added some retro silver on black number plates with a old school Dymo machine. Not perfect, but easy. Added tow hooks front and rear and a Works style exhaust.

New Stance-

IMG_5622_zps9b38a285.jpg

Front Plate-

IMG_5623_zps31b25346.jpg

Front Tow Hook-

IMG_5624_zps21d116bf.jpg

Rear Plate, Tow Hook and Exhaust-

IMG_5625_zps19e36d5d.jpg

15312f5c.jpg

Here's mine, M03 with a Colt Skoda Fabia WRC shell. It's on HPI MX60 wheels and tyres here but it runs Suzuki Swift wheels and M-series rally blocks usually. I found longer shocks caused the steering to bind sometimes. Get a high torque servo saver and the alloy servo arm and you'll be sorted.

15312f5c.jpg

Here's mine, M03 with a Colt Skoda Fabia WRC shell. It's on HPI MX60 wheels and tyres here but it runs Suzuki Swift wheels and M-series rally blocks usually. I found longer shocks caused the steering to bind sometimes. Get a high torque servo saver and the alloy servo arm and you'll be sorted.

Looks good!  Thanks for the shock and steering info.

What turn motor you going to be using

I was using a 15T, but I think it may be broken.

The Mini broke today.  Not sure why, but the motor just gave up!  The Landy came to the rescue!

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm bringing this back from the dead! After the HPI motor gave up, it's sat unloved on my shelf. As I'm going to the Lake District tomorrow, I thought I work on it and take it along. Keeping with the rally theme, I've added mudflaps, few more stickers, "L Plates" ;) and a driver (Evil Ed). I really need some rally tires as the fronts (Now on rear) are be completely! Sorry for the crappy iPad photos.

c1040c059fae49716f7ce644bcdb70c2_zps0fb3

dadb73b721fe6e84fe81fd0fb2fe3374_zpsdb6d

null_zps562d8738.jpg