• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash platinum?

Plus one....2s is fine, 3s will kill it very quickly. An eighth scale set up is THE best power set up for a slash, especially something that handles as well as the LCG version. Frankly, I think Traxxas should stop selling the V1, for it is now a bit old hat...LCG is the way forward  :thumbsup:

The 2650 will have less top end, but more torque. Geared properly it will still be an animal but run a lot cooler than the stock system. For a decent, 3-4s capable system you're prob looking at

Edited by James1986

I was thinking of a slash platinum in the next couple of months  :xd:

then figure whilst im going to Florida for Xmas i may as well buy one from there and fetch it back myself along with some other RC stuff and poss another members stuff if they wanna order again and have it shipped to my hotel like last time  :xd:  :xd:

May just work out cheaper  :yes:

• Like 1

That's what makes the USA rollers so appealing, I can buy a wp sc8 & 3500kv motor, nice servo, then my choice of shell. There just so dam expensive though.

Or go for a 150a ESC ( Hobbywing ) and motor 

cant imagine what it would be like on 6s  :030:  :030:  :030:  :030:  :030:

Ok, selling the losi 8Te now

All I need to do it decide on a platinum or a roller from the states.

I could always just use the velineon system til I kill it? Then replace later on with a nice sc8 combo?

Why not just stick it on here and get some

You'll get very little back for the stock system, even if unused. It's best not to factor that in when making your decision then whatever you get for it is a bonus!

80 quid tops for the vxl system...not much really.

6s in a slash is way Ott....3s and 2650kv is a true beast...4s is just bonkers!

Remember, I did it a cheap way....bought the lcg rally and converted to a slash....the rally doesn't suffer from parachuting, so can get to top speeds without bother...

If buying in the Uk ie Modelsport etc then I would just use it with the standard combo in while you have warranty etc.

If you like racing, running on tarmac mainly and short grass etc then I would go for the LCG chassis but on the other hand if you mainly run in longer grass, mud and are a basher then I still think the original chassis is better for that. It depends what terrains you mainly run on.

6s is not needed in the Slash 4x4 been there done that ive had all different power combos esc's and motor's in my Slash 4x4's ive had over the years.

If you plan on running mainly 3s and 4s then the 2650kv motor is a good choice on the other hand if you plan on running mainly 2s and 3s I would go for either the Tenshock SC401 V2 3400kv or the Ezrun 3656 3400kv motor.

I haven't had the SC401 V2 but have had and still got and in use the SC401 V1 3500kv motor which is a great motor and im sure the newer one will be even better. Even though its not meant to I had it running a Traxxas Summit (Yes the big one) on 3s with no problems geared correctly. Ive also had the Ezrun motor as well which is also a good motor.

As and when you decide to upgrade the combo not matter what motor you go for there is only one choice for the esc and that's got to be the Wp Sc8.

Ive had 4x Slash 4x4's now standard spec, ultimate edition etc all different specs and tried different combos running 2s upto 6s. I would say all the alloy isn't needed, the standard shocks on the standard spec Slash are also fine with upgraded shock shafts fitted.

You can get the standard Slash 4x4 in the Uk from a Uk shop with the older Tq radio gear not the latest Tqi for 

• Like 1

Cheers Dazza, very informative post, I don't think I will run any more than 3s, I have 2s & 3s for my savage flux & my lads savage xs, so I'll stick to that, I have the hobbywing sc8 & 4000kv motor in my lads xs which has been excellent, hence my reason to stick with the hobbywing combo.

As for where to buy, if my missus finds a uk receipt for

Just do it mate, slash's are great and well proven.

Oh yea, I'm decided on a4x4 slash it's the uncertainty of buying from abroad that puts me off, I mean say I pay via PayPal, it's sent air mail, comes to the uk then they try to deliver it and I pay on the doorstep? Is that what happens? Or do they hold it at my local list office?

(Preferred for me! Don't want the missus seeing the aditional fees!!)

Agree just get it bought you've been chatting about getting one for ages now.

Bought your Losi then sold it more or less straight away (didn't even use it did you?) as you want a Slash 4x4.

Thanks.

I did use it, I felt I wanted something more different to the savage, mean the slash can be driven on road too so it really appeals to me, apologies for the discussing of the matter it's just a big amount to me do I need to be sure, but yes, I'm set on a slash now!

I did use it, I felt I wanted something more different to the savage, mean the slash can be driven on road too so it really appeals to me, apologies for the discussing of the matter it's just a big amount to me do I need to be sure, but yes, I'm set on a slash now!

No worries mate glad your decided on the Slash.

Yes it is a big amount agree but not as big as buying it over here ;).

Thanks.

Depends which carrier the seller chooses....

If either parcel force or RM deliver UK side, they will send you an invoice (PF) or drop a card through the door (Grey, RM) and hold the parcel until you have made payment. The Greg card is open to the world, the PF invoice isn't.

I am sure that doesn't help, seeing as how you're trying to hide the purchase from the missus...honestly, no one can help you with that! I would be honest and confess...really, what is the worst that could happen?? (John Wayne Hobbit does spring to mind....;-p)

Yea, I just dropped it into a conversation...

Let's just say I won't be asking her.

I'm with stretch on this one! Once it's here Shell have the arse with me for an hour, il buy her some chocolate, & all is forgiven!

As it's a slash I may stretch to some flowers!

Thing is I'm doing a house up which drains all my finances but, you gotta have some spare for rc!

She doesn't understand though.