• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rustler Mamba Build.

Hey everyone, in progress of rebuilding/starting my rustler mamba build, Still a bit to go yet, Wheels, new gearbox, proper esc mounting hardware. Not much to show yet but i will keep you updated.

DSC_0092_zpsc8533b0b.jpg

DSC_0093_zpsd08b14d7.jpg

DSC_00942_zpsdfd98966.jpg

DSC_0095_zps486eb75a.jpg

Still yet to mount the motor, waiting on the new gearbox. Hurry up postman!

• Like 1

then in that case here are some things you need to do.

run mod 1 gears you can use the  36t revo one along with the traxxas 34t pinion.

run grp tires or some jaco foams.

add some weight to the front to stop it flipping at high speed.

if you plan on using 6s work your way up so start with 3s if you can handle that move to 4s etc...

esc setiing should be something like this

dragbreak 0%-10%

lipo cutt-off disable (some people may not agree on this but there is a good reason)

the rest you can play around with to see what suits you best.

only do 1 run at a time as if you dont let it cool down the esc will over heat and so will the motor.

what radio are you using aty the moment because you will need around 200m of range i recommend the fly sky gt3b as they have very good range aparently over 1000ft but im not to sure but they still have awsome range. 

limit how much steering you have so when the wheel is turned all the way to the left or right it makes a 20ft circle this will stop you from over correcting it a will stop it from crashing or flipping over. if things get shakey during a run abort it and run again.

use good spec lipos like gensace or nano-techs or thunder power. be sure to use a lipo wsith a c rating above 40c and 4000mah. 

putting a heat sink and fan on the motor can aid cooling and can help alot. 

if you need to use a gyro and a good quality high speed servo, the gyro keeps it in a straight line so if it starts to move to the left abit or gets a bit shakey it should correct it and keep it going straight. 

thats really all you need to do to it really if you have any more questions just pm me :good:

then in that case here are some things you need to do.

run mod 1 gears you can use the  36t revo one along with the traxxas 34t pinion.

run grp tires or some jaco foams.

add some weight to the front to stop it flipping at high speed.

if you plan on using 6s work your way up so start with 3s if you can handle that move to 4s etc...

esc setiing should be something like this

dragbreak 0%-10%

lipo cutt-off disable (some people may not agree on this but there is a good reason)

the rest you can play around with to see what suits you best.

only do 1 run at a time as if you dont let it cool down the esc will over heat and so will the motor.

what radio are you using aty the moment because you will need around 200m of range i recommend the fly sky gt3b as they have very good range aparently over 1000ft but im not to sure but they still have awsome range. 

limit how much steering you have so when the wheel is turned all the way to the left or right it makes a 20ft circle this will stop you from over correcting it a will stop it from crashing or flipping over. if things get shakey during a run abort it and run again.

use good spec lipos like gensace or nano-techs or thunder power. be sure to use a lipo wsith a c rating above 40c and 4000mah. 

putting a heat sink and fan on the motor can aid cooling and can help alot. 

if you need to use a gyro and a good quality high speed servo, the gyro keeps it in a straight line so if it starts to move to the left abit or gets a bit shakey it should correct it and keep it going straight. 

thats really all you need to do to it really if you have any more questions just pm me :good:

Thanks for the help mate, as i say its a work in progress, have to juggle around work, fishing and the financial side of things aswell ;) Iv got some jaco foams on the way, at the moment im running a thunder power 3s 4300mah 35c battery, i really want to start off with 3s at the moment then work my way up, any recommendations on gearing for the current battery? Iv got a integy gearbox on the way, once thats in i will stick a couple of heat sinks on the motor. The receiver transmitter combo im using at the moment is the spektrum dx4s. I have the stock shocks at the moment, which i may lower and stiffen up. Dan.

Iv done the same project mate. As above GRPs are very good, Jacos are good aswell but have less grip. I seem to get higher speeds if I run GRPs on the rear and Jacos on the front.

Upgrade your drive shafts to the slash HD ones, there plastic but I'm yet to break one.

Make sure you have a big enough area to us it, iv rebuilt mine twice now after fairly bad crashes, you run out of room very fast lol

I didn't go with the castle combo in the end, I'm using trackstar 2650kv motor and trackstar 150a esc from hobby king. Runs great and have had it at almost 90mph on 4s.

Will be going for leopard motor next and running it on 6s hopefully break the 100mph target I'm looking for.

People say run a gyro but I used mine once and didn't like it. May have set it up wrong but once you get used to it, you won't need one.

Other than that good luck and if you need any help look on YouTube for giostealthr1 or draven3907. Both helped me out a lot when I was doing my project

Don't start me on spekky :lol:

Looks good thus far dude however is the overspray film removed from that shell ?

Jack.

Yes mate, could be the glare from outside. I haven't had any problems so far with the spekky, seems quite a fiew people have.