• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pistonheads' Baja has now got a new owner...

Pistonhead

Small update for this week. Finally got everything together for the led pods yesterday and ended up blowing a rear tyre and foam giving it a run yesterday afternoon. a4utuzy2.jpg I fitted the pods and bumper today, and was impressed by the brigtness u4yte4es.jpgaqa9e6ym.jpg

Edited by Pistonhead

New tyres fitted today, went for the KM Monsters at the rear and KM Dirt Busters at the front as i found the stock fronts understeered quite a bit. Looks much better for them now too, just want some new outer beadlock rings, black or yellow is the question lol ute4y8as.jpgrumeny9u.jpg

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 1

Hows the Baja Piston? I understand you've got some new wheelnuts :lol:

:P

It was a slow day at work lmao.

Nothing to really update about really, still not broken anything yet apart from the rear tyre blowing a couple weeks ago.

Did pop a steering ball end off yesterday after clipping a wall though, popped it back on and off i went again lol

Edited by Pistonhead

Having never owned an HPI Baja, i would say go the KM route as it's half the price and better specced so massive value for money.

Just strip the car before running to make sure the diff and gearbox are filled with oil and grease and all major bolts are tightened with threadlock, my 002a was fine but richard denton's one wasn't, so quality control is still a bit hit and miss.

I've only had a few niggling problems with mine, carb set wayyy too rich, rear shock brace bent just by looking at it (replaced with turtle racing shock brace, but km do a copy of that too for about

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Small update today, fitted an Allturn servo to replace the stocker.

Needed a bit of trimming of the holes to get fitted properly but the stock horn fitted straight on without problems.

Quick (stupid) question, how to i fit a pullstart prefilter that has an elasticated edge to it rather than velcro.

Small update today, fitted an Allturn servo to replace the stocker.

Needed a bit of trimming of the holes to get fitted properly but the stock horn fitted straight on without problems.

Quick (stupid) question, how to i fit a pullstart prefilter that has an elasticated edge to it rather than velcro.

Still fit velcro to it I imagine, I've never done it, if they didn't come with one already fitted, I used the mesh mod on the inside of my old pullstart.

Managed to do it by pulling the filter over the pull start and cutting a small slit on either side of the bolt holes, then bolted the pullstarter through the filter.

Not a bad way of fitting it as there's no way of it coming off in the wet, or stones dislodging it.

• 1 month later...

I'm wanting to do the exhaust mod but not sure what people are using as a flexible connection between the two.

I have an exhaust coupling from my Hyper 7, will that do the job? And will cable ties do the job of holding it on or will i need jubilee clips?

• 2 weeks later...

car radiator hose will melt, you need a high temp silicone hose. Use heavy duty cable ties as jubilee clips can cut thru the hose when it heats up

Don't be silly.

Why would the genuine dom pipe be bundled with a jubilee clip if it cut through the hose?

7UAQOuo.jpg