• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help with hpi truggy.

Rmstu

Hi all,

Seeking a bit of advice from you fine folks,

I have a hpi trophy 4.6 and just changed the clutch to a 3 piece integy clutch, I changed to this as my car was cutting out alot on braking and accelerating, now the car is still stall sometime on wot, and others after I let of and brake and it just rolls to stop, now I've messed around with lsn and Hsn got a good steady smoke stream and good speed, no sluggishness,

The clutch bell is spinning freely, sometimes when I pull the pull start the car pulls forward as if the pull start is moving the car(I've changed the pull start also) the car doesn't do it all the time but frequent enough to cause a annoyance.

Worth noting I have used same clutch nut from two piece to 3 piece if this is relevant.

Can't think of anything else hope some one can help.

Thanks

Stu

Ps sorry for long winded write up.

My old savage only ever cut out like that when I didn't have the needle a correct amount of turns, think I use to set it to 3.5turns from the bottom (if that makes any sense) now I own a truggy flux haha

• Like 1

it sound like your clutch is engaging when it shouldnt be, until you start applying throttle. if clutch is engaging it will move the car when you pull the pullstart as you have said it has.

is the clutch your using new?

ideally use harder clutch springs.

in regards to engine cutting out at wot... that seems like a tuning issue. i suggest re-setting to factory settings and work from there. remeber only tune the hsn first then the lsn. the lsn wont affect engine stalling at wot. This is the hsn needle that should sort out the stalling that you experience.

hope this helps

That's great info thanks ill return the needles to factory, and ill have a look at the clutch, the clutch is new and did come with new springs.

It's a lot more responsive just annoying when it keeps cutting out.

• 6 months later...