• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Quanum aquaholic and relentless from hobbyking..

smash

Hi all thought i'd share this little gem with you..Anyway in the start of the thread i lost my Flexi shaft and said back then i'd had no luck with Hobbyking, anyway i opened a dispute and since then have been having various emails back and forth.. Now today after quite some time i finally get something back $30 credit to my account now i know its not much but hey i don't even own the boat anymore !! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi all thought i'd share this little gem with you..Anyway in the start of the thread i lost my Flexi shaft and said back then i'd had no luck with Hobbyking, anyway i opened a dispute and since then have been having various emails back and forth.. Now today after quite some time i finally get something back $30 credit to my account now i know its not much but hey i don't even own the boat anymore !! :thumbsup:

brilliant mate, I like results like that.. :D

• 3 months later...

Yep thats about it didn't have much luck with mine at first but once i got it sorted it was OK .. I would recommend you make sure the propshaft is well secured !!..

Read the thread for more info it was a blast 

On a 2200 3s around 10 minutes it does have a lvc but if i where you i'd get a lipo alarm like this 

$T2eC16FHJGgFFme5(Y-BBR+H!+ffrQ~~60_12.J

Connect it direct to the lipo and set it at around 3.7 that way your hear it go off and have enough power to get to shore.. If it's in the lake stuck or flipped you can either get another rescue boat, a fishing rod and reel with some sort of weight or just get wet !!..

Before you go get one just make sure that the area you intend using it on allows the use of rc power boats.. Some boating lakes only allow sail boats and some public lakes don't allow any so best do some checking with your local council or lake owner etc ..  

Yeh I did all the checking last year when I nearly bought one, non of my local ones allow speedboats but rother valley country park do allow it at a cost of about 5 quid so not too bad.

Cheers for the lipo info I will do that.

Just noticed this one says it has a 50amp ESC whereas the joysway bullet only has a 30 amp, does this make the hobbyking a more upgradable boat in terms of being able to handle a faster motor or 4s lipo?

• 2 weeks later...

I only ran mine on 3s but smash ran his on 4s and i have heard a lot of guys over on RC Groups say they have ran there's on 4s without any trouble on the stock electronics ..

this is true, no problems here on 4s. .

• 4 months later...

Is there still no spares at hobbyking ?

You can get all the bits from here

http://www.litehawk.ca/Parts%20CHALLENGER.asp

There is a pic of all the bits needed on page 3 post 41

Really enjoyed mine for the short while I had it but the shaft is a pian in the backside to keep on

Link works fine for me.. Try searching out a Litehawk Challenger its the same boat but parts come from Canada i think ?..

The only downside is parts but if you know what your looking for most can be sourced from the UK.  :thumbsup: ..

I sold mine only because i was left with no where to use it after a massive debate with some park rangers and the local council sad to say ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I killed my lipos yesterday :( accidentally left them plugged in after a session, totally drained them, good job they are cheap. On a side note and related to batteries, during the first video I posted you may have noticed that the boats bow was riding pretty high, this was giving pretty unpredictable handling and as there was no more prop pitch adjustment to be had i had to stick some weight in the bow.

Now if you're gonna add weight it might as well be useful weight right?

I used some 2mm thick glass board to make a new battery tray and epoxied that into the hull so that the batteries run perpendicular to the beam this adds enough weight to improve handling significantly and makes runtime around the 40 minute mark if you are just tooling around.. You'll also need to make a parallel adapter which is easy.. Nice ;)

7umyguqe.jpg

smash,

first of all, thanks for sharing your information regarding this boat.

I am window shopping for my fist boat, and just reading up on how people configure the aquaholic.

are you still running your 3S 2200 lipo's in parallel just above the motor?

smash,

first of all, thanks for sharing your information regarding this boat.

I am window shopping for my fist boat, and just reading up on how people configure the aquaholic.

are you still running your 3S 2200 lipo's in parallel just above the motor?

Smash has left the hobby more is the pity

Great boats for the money but spares are a miss from hobbyking last I checked !