• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Turnigy sct 2wd build :)

Brett92

well with the weather lately theyll be good in wed/damp mud, but theyre grippy as hell on grass and not even too bad on the tarmac

I run the nanda 1/8 buggy tyres on my slash and there brilliant for the price the wheels are pants they just require sticking on a different rim.

I've been waiting for someone to gt one so I can kinda have a mini review.

Edited by Juggernaut jims

nah im sticking to the 12mm hex, not going up to 17mm to save the axles the stress, waiting for someone to get one of these turnigys or nandas?

is it me or does the gearbox look like a scx10 one? lol

looks like a not half bad truck to be honest, without going to HK whats the cost for a kit?

its a 99% clone of a kyosho ultima sc.. and i dont knwo if u can get them anywhere other than hobbyking, i bought mine from their uk warehouse for 55 quid, then u just need motor and esc, servo, radio gear, and of course batteries.. they do an artr kit with servo motor and esc for about 100 quid but its just crap stuff tbh lol, and the kit comes with a couple subtle upgrades too

Edited by Brett92

not a bad price at all

when i said without going to HK i ment i was to lazy to open there site up and looking for it hahahah

it would cost me a bit more to get it as i can only get it from either the NL or EU warehouses

UK wont ship to me, NL is a bit cheaper than the EU but not as cheap as the UK :(

ahh i didnt see ur location sorry, if u dont mind ordering the parts from "global" warehouse and waiting for them (if u break it that is) its worth the money all day long, if u have a good brushless system to put in it id recommend going up a tooth or 2 on the stock pinion too, motor gets hot from having to spin up so high all the time on stock gearing

dont blame u, im glad they have the uk warehouse to be honest, just wish theyd stock parts for their cars over here id buy more of them

• 1 month later...

Hong Kong from the looks of it, no other warehouse seems to stock anything, i have had a nightmare getting a replacement spur gear, it has been said, that Kyosho DB/SC parts will fit, but there are some subtle differences across the 2 platforms, the Kyosho spur gear is a direct fit for sure, but finding one in the UK was nigh on impossible, i have ended up buying the Kyosho spur from A Main Hobbies, hobbyking seem to be permantley out of stock of the Turnigy spurs

Edited by martleeds

Hong Kong from the looks of it, no other warehouse seems to stock anything, i have had a nightmare getting a replacement spur gear, it has been said, that Kyosho DB/SC parts will fit, but there are some subtle differences across the 2 platforms, the Kyosho spur gear is a direct fit for sure, but finding one in the UK was nigh on impossible, i have ended up buying the Kyosho spur from A Main Hobbies, hobbyking seem to be permantley out of stock of the Turnigy spurs

im guessing to expect getting hit when ordering from there ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

picked up one of these and got it built...

0A58479F-F31F-4781-B46C-86FB51272628_zps

060D2516-ED81-4906-AEE9-4AABDFDCE938_zps

51AE0A04-7094-45BF-AFB5-8F550975D4A4_zps

6434A07F-8847-49E6-9AF7-98E2318E2850_zps

put two packs through it, one off road, one messing about on road.

some thoughts on the truck...

the shell is ridicoulsyl fragile, and shattered on some light rolls off road. wish i hadnt wasted my paint on it!

the shock oil is turd, it goes really thick in the cold, so is not silcone oil i dont think

the kit went together ok, some screws were shown as wrong one, but came with grease, threadlock etc, and plastics seem good for the price.

tires are ok, quite soft tread and grip well, but the foams are too thin and not dense enough.

the tranny gears are alumiium not stell, but better than plastic i suppose

im running this combo in it.....http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__25138__Turnigy_TrackStar_Waterproof_1_10_Brushless_Power_System_4000KV_80A.html

actually running the truck was quite surprised, although short course wise i only have a slash to compare it to, it was genuinely fun to drive, good drifts possible, and wheelied at points, on 2s. 

for the money, providing it all holds up, im pretty impressed. new shell and shock oil needed, but seems a fun truck out the box

these were the cracks from a light roll. i dont think its actually poly carbonate, must be pvc or something

.C205B343-2689-4A78-8D67-C699DD0097DE_zps

51C65920-7C8F-49F2-A1FD-9CB25D02E1E9_zps

would i recommend one? for the price, yes.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...