• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sworkz S350 BE-1

4eyes

While I love my Mugen mbx6 eco and nothing will help me be any faster round a track,I decided I needed to treat myself anyway. This sworkz buggy really appealed because of the different layout to all the other e buggys out there. I'll be using some of the best bits out there and I'll be trying something different to make this sworkz a one off!

So I bought myself this

sworkz054_zpse3fdf2da.jpg

The box is smaller than any tamiya box I've seen but it all seems to be here!

sworkz055_zpsb89e1dda.jpg

First job is the diffs.

sworkz059_zps133b26dd.jpg

sworkz060_zpsf816df64.jpg

No problems here and I filled them with the surplied s workz oil 5-5-3

sworkz061_zps04ae1940.jpg

sworkz062_zps8febc278.jpg

I really liked the why that the spur gear is a separate piece which you screw to the centre diff. Will mean changing it quickly will be easy rather than having to take the diff apart! Plus sworks have included a number of spares and different sizes.

sworkz063_zps8ab03a68.jpg

More tomorrow

• Like 1

Sorry for the slow up dates. Once the family are in bed,I'd rather be building it than posting on here so I'm going to drip feed you!

Next up are these awesome looking drive shafts. These are an upgrade on the nitro,but are included in the E kit.

sworkz072_zps76ffb693.jpg

These are held in the housing by 3 large bearings.

sworkz073_zpsba7fa0c7.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish photo!

The rear shaft does not spin quite as freely as the front dispite reseating it 3 or 4 times. Hopefully it will just bed itself in!

Front end is coming together now

sworkz074_zps477bf063.jpg

sworkz075_zps13862aac.jpg

Had a problem with the rear end and I'll go into this tomorrow. I'm a fair bit further into the build and I'll update again tomorrow.

Nice build so far fella :)

Cheers AJ

Nice the only two things about the buggy I don't like 1 shock towers are shocking,ha and two only up to 69mm motor can

Sworkz do some really nice aluminium/carbon towers which look great but at

Ok,so this is the front end fitted to the chassis.

sworkz1003_zps0440f06d.jpg

One of the little touches I like are the screws in the chassis where the droup screw hits. This means that they can be replaced as they get worn as appossed to the chassis. I know other buggies also have this,but not one that I've owned.

sworkz1004_zps0d1d08a1.jpg

Another p poor photo!

So I had a problem with the rear end. The lower arm pin holder had been machined incorrectly and the screw holes did not line up where it fixed to the diff housing. After a few minutes scratching my head and looking at the manual I deciced it could not be right. I phoned the importer, Answer rc and found out that there had been a problem with these in around 30% of the buggies from the batch! Well they were really nice and said that they would post out a replacement on tuesday afternoon. I was hoping I'd get it today,but I'm still waiting. The build has ground to a bit of a holt because of this so here are the latest pic's.

sworkz1007_zps2ab70067.jpg

sworkz1008_zpsc81fbf8b.jpg

sworkz1009_zps4ddfea91.jpg

sworkz1010_zps404fe6db.jpg

As you can see the motor is a tight fit and will need careful placement to get the sensor wire in and esc cables without touching the servo saver post and the drive shaft.

On a brighter note,I'm racing at slough on sunday and I'll be picking up my esc then. Then it'll be time for some soldering and hopefully the arm holder will turn up tomorrow. I'll update again next week! Thanks for reading if you got this far!

• Like 1

Time for a update!

Jony-wrong kv,right esc. I'll go into those soon!

Ok so my new hinge pin holder arrived on saturday.

sworkz2001_zpsc1bda2d3.jpg

The one on the left is the new one,you can see that the screw holes are much closer to the middle of the plate. So I could now finish the rear end.

Next up was the servo. I'm a big fan of the Ace 1015 but this Xpert si 4501 came highly recommended and it's got impressive specs so I thought I'd give it a go!

sworkz2004_zpse2c3a22b.jpg

18.22kg and 0.090 @ 6.6v!

sworkz2006_zpsc50566b5.jpg

sworkz2007_zpsfc53aa92.jpg

So this is where I'm up to. Tonight I'll try and solder up the electrics and will up date again soon!

• Like 1

Yeah I knew Tekin had a new model coming out but it's not a replacement for the T8 so I reckon it's still the best motor on the market.

Ok so I've made some progress!

As said earlier, I've gone for the awesome Viper vtx8 esc.

viper001_zpsac43cd82.jpg

viper002_zps7a0d15fb.jpg

viper003_zps71cebc49.jpg

viper004_zpsc2f2e24d.jpg

viper005_zps046e4366.jpg

As you can see,this is a really nice piece of kit. It looks and feels much better than my RX8 and while I've had no problems with mine,you do hear of them failing. These on the other hand,you hear nothing bad about them. The build quality seams great and setting it up was really easy. Changing the settings will be really easy too as you get the pro gauge included so no more taking the lap top to the track for me! It has some great functions like the adjustable bec and it's waterproof too!

Got to say a big thankyou to Reptile rc for this as they even brought it to the track at slough for me to see and have a chat about it!

Heres a link

http://www.reptilerc.co.uk/vtx8-18-sensored-brushless-racing-esc-with-progauge-100-p.asp

If your a member on max bashing you get a 5% discount too!

On the T8 and this is where me Sworkz will differ from most. The kv I went for is......1400!

The idea here is to run it on 6s which should give my around about the same speed as a 2100kv motor on 4s. This is a little to fast but I can tone it down on my tranny if I need to. quite a few yanks are using this system as it runs alot cooler drawing less amps and I can aslo use smaller batterys making the buggy lighter. I'll be using 2650mah batts for the heats and a 4000mah batteries for 20 minute finals.

I can't find anyone in the uk running this after I started a tread on max bashing. (racing 6s, 4poosaday). It got no love so I'm going to be the uk guinea pig!

Just the Shocks,wing and body to do now!

Edited by 4eyes

Hard choice. I've got a tekno chassis on my mbx6 and while I looked at The Ebuggy,I felt it didn't really offer anything different....

Chassis finished!

finished007_zps947ac751.jpg

finished008_zps0b931b79.jpg

finished006_zps1930e27b.jpg

finished005_zps67cf82a0.jpg

Photo's don't do it justice,this really is a sexy buggy!

All thats left now is to paint the shell and get some photography lessons!